Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Private messages

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Private messages

I understand limiting private messages for a temporary period. On a car audio site I was a moderator on what was done

When someone signed up they would be limited to X amount until they reached a certain amount of legitimate posts. Not post whoring. This was also used to allow them access to classifieds and other areas

Just an example not the exact amount. They'd go from 10 to 100 at that point. Making it easier to conduct business with others and vendors. Since some especially vendors may not want to have all prices within a thread

Then unlimited messages were available for paid members. Unless they were grandfathered in prior to the changes

Is this something that can be looked I to here? 5 messages is very difficult to work with

2. Likes Cummins7, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Private messages

Well, lifetime platinum members get 5000 messages, but we understand 5 messages isn't a lot. This site isn't cheap to run and the vendors and lifetime members have been a huge support to keep us on the web. Our server is state of the art and is very fast and stable. We will look into your request, but can't promise anything.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I get that. The site I mentioned went through a lot of changes and upgrades in a very short time since it was new.

The owner sold it after a short time. Within about 2 years new there were upgrades to servers 3 times for superior ones. To eventually buying their own instead of using others. It kept growing and growing. Member activity daily was generally around 2000-2500. With over 15,000 active members.

It got to the point where they did start doing adds and a membership similar to here to help.

What they did was with a membership it got rid of seeing adds on the page. That required a lot more coding in the backroom and a lot of complaining for a while but in general, the site worked well

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You make get points and we've been offered to sell our brand due to our huge social media pull and such, but we love this community and our other ones and will continue to keep on doing everything we can for all our vendors and members.

🏁Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    You make get points and we've been offered to sell our brand due to our huge social media pull and such, but we love this community and our other ones and will continue to keep on doing everything we can for all our vendors and members.

��Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!��
    Luckily that site only sold to another individual and not to someone that would make it more corporate like you are saying you've been approached by others to sell yours

The original owner had some reasons for selling and basically had just had enough of trying to run a site that was getting to big for him 24/7 pretty much by himself. Even though he had a couple assistant admins and 12 moderators.

Like me all of us had been in car audio a long time some of us had competed before

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post