Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tuning Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuning Questions

Hi all. I just bought my truck used a few weeks ago. I bought it from a dealer and the previous owner had done all the mods on it. It has the full delete, turbo back exhaust, and efi live tuning. I'm admittedly green when it comes to diesels and tuning. How the heck do I go about finding what's in the truck for a tune and who tuned it? I do have an Autocal. I have not done anything except plug it in to see what functions are on it. I'd like to know how hot the tune is and if I have a copy of the original map on the Autocal, should I need to have any work done at the dealership. If it matters the manual idle is not active at this time on the truck, being in Minnesota I'd like to have that option. Truck is a 2008 2500 Laramie.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tuning Questions

Does the auto cal have any kind of markings or logo or anything of that sort on It?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No logo and no markings other than the standard EFI Live logos. The serial number is on it. There's a post it note stuck to the back with the number 17-353A on it and someone wrote "08 Delete" on the back of the Autocal in marker.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ram-Jam View Post
    No logo and no markings other than the standard EFI Live logos. The serial number is on it. There's a post it note stuck to the back with the number 17-353A on it and someone wrote "08 Delete" on the back of the Autocal in marker.
    There is probally no way to pull the map unless you are a really good hacker. They come locked by the V2's from the tuners that build the calibrations. Does it have any single tunes files or a cps5 files on it? Most of the time tuners will label their tunes in the name of them.
    Also if it is a cps5 file then 9/10 the tunes get progressively hotter the higher the tune number max is 5. PPEI is the only one I know that deviates from that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm assuming I'd need to plug it into a computer to figure out what files are in it? As I said I'm very green when it comes to this stuff.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You would need to down load EFI live software then pull file out . You more than likely can't see tuning parameters but some file codes to truck vender.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk