Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diesel fill-up add power?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Diesel fill-up add power?

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I only go to Casey's locally since it's bio-free then run an additive
    May I ask which additive you use and what have you noticed with it?

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat87 View Post
    I do not use an OBDII splitter. Why do you ask? What would be a reason for doing so? I'm up for suggestions.
    The splitter actually can interfere and say the tune is sent to the ECM but in a reality it's not completely flashed.
    Example you have a whistle tune on the truck and you want to send a 12v tune to the truck. If you hear after it has completed the whistle tune and the 12v together then you may be having the splitter issue or just a connection issue in general.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Along those same lines, I can tell the difference between Winter and Summer blends, in the dump truck.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

May I ask which additive you use and what have you noticed with it?
    Should take you right to my post on top of page 5

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...culated)/page5

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    The splitter actually can interfere and say the tune is sent to the ECM but in a reality it's not completely flashed.
    Example you have a whistle tune on the truck and you want to send a 12v tune to the truck. If you hear after it has completed the whistle tune and the 12v together then you may be having the splitter issue or just a connection issue in general.

Well shoot, don't use the splitter, but I DO get the 2 tune thing. Only when I load the 12V, and then load the whistle. My 12V will stay on. I'll check connections. Ray suspected possible firmware issue. The really little white plug (I think its on the OTF cable) that plugs into the communications module hasn't been seated very well since I installed it. Just kind of slides in and out if I give it a little tug. There is no "snap" together. I found it very strange to begin with. Perhaps there is something funky.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Well shoot, don't use the splitter, but I DO get the 2 tune thing. Only when I load the 12V, and then load the whistle. My 12V will stay on. I'll check connections. Ray suspected possible firmware issue. The really little white plug (I think its on the OTF cable) that plugs into the communications module hasn't been seated very well since I installed it. Just kind of slides in and out if I give it a little tug. There is no "snap" together. I found it very strange to begin with. Perhaps there is something funky.
    Yea man I think that may be your problem, because mine is pretty snug in there.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I've tried doing what Ray has suggested in the past. My 12v tune would get stuck on even after returning. Only way I could get it changed was to reflash the ECM
    On mine being an 09 the whistle tune has to be an ECM file

What Ray has suggested is for RT files is to use "send only once" not every key

When I use the 12v tune in "send once" and try switching it seems to be less finicky. I haven't noticed it being a problem as often. It's just a bug within the device not tuning

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I've tried doing what Ray has suggested in the past. My 12v tune would get stuck on even after returning. Only way I could get it changed was to reflash the ECM
    On mine being an 09 the whistle tune has to be an ECM file

What Ray has suggested is for RT files is to use "send only once" not every key

When I use the 12v tune in "send once" and try switching it seems to be less finicky. I haven't noticed it being a problem as often. It's just a bug within the device not tuning
    Good to hear. My 12V stays on when I load other tunes. Lets say if I load the 12V then the whistle, 12V stays on. If I load the whistle then the 12V, whistle turns off. Of course I defaulted to "mines broken" but now I know I'll live.

As for the previous posts. I reflashed the ECM to see about the tunes not being sent all the time. No fix. Could just be me thinking its stock power, but I really feel like one would be able to feel 120hp over stock. Like I said, sometimes I can really feel it. I did, however, just notice that sometimes my TC kicks in and I don't get any slip while other times, especially in 3rd gear, the torque slip readout on the MM3 is between 500-800 the whole time I'm in 3rd, right up until the point it shifts to 4th, then the TC will kick in for a split second. Yes, with an extremely light foot. I've heard it could just be cause these things work better when pulling, maybe thats it. Anywho...

Back to the tuner. I think I was confused when I ordered mine. I think I ordered the 120hp tune is my default tune. So this means that every time I turn on the truck, the 120hp loads? For sure doesn't feel that way. Feels no different over stock (I've had the tuner a month, so I still remember the stock feeling somewhat). I wrote Ray to see if I can get that changed, as I definitely don't want that tune sent every drive.

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I also wrote the moderators to see about getting this post moved. Not sure how or why I fell into the exterior mods section. I see I've strayed from the post topic as well. Meh, I'll learn.

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I also wrote the moderators to see about getting this post moved. Not sure how or why I fell into the exterior mods section. I see I've strayed from the post topic as well. Meh, I'll learn.
    It was moved.

🏁Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

11. Thanks steamboat87 thanked for this post
    Likes steamboat87 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12