Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INTEGRATED BRAKE DISCONNECT

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

INTEGRATED BRAKE DISCONNECT

I am considering installing a Prodigy3 brake controller in my 2017 2500. I am not at all happy with the factory installed one. can anyone tell me how to disengage the factory controller so it doesn't interfere with the P3? what needs to be disconnected?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: INTEGRATED BRAKE DISCONNECT

Some guys are able to go to the dealer and have them flash it out of the system. Some dealers are saying its not possible. Just a heads up LOL. Others have been able to by pass it by unplugging it but it leaves a service message on the cluster which you can just hit a button on the steering wheel each time you jump in if it bothers you.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I totally forgot that it would likely throw a message code....but if clearing it is all I have to do each time I get in it at least ill have brakes on my new trailer...these factory brake modules are junk if your pulling anything of any weight. thanks for the reply

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes sir not a problem!!! Glad i could help!

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

To clear it you would what ? Push a button or flip a switch to clear ?

One thing that came to me when reading this, what if your on the road, just filled up and jump in to leave. You hit the switch / button and it doesn't work, the switch / button is broken. Then what ? Will it matter if it is tripped or not ? Will you have your brakes ? Sorry, but I had to ask.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

No reason to be sorry at all. You do make a great point. From what i understand its just a service message and nothing more.

There are numerous ways to go about doing things. Some people Just plug and play a new brake controller and are perfectly happy with no issues to date.

Others wait until they are able to take it to a dealer to get the message removed before installing the new controller just to be on the safe side.

Each truck is different and in the end its what the truck is happy with and what you feel comfortable and safe doing.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I read on another site that there is a flash update for the brake controller on some later 2500s to correct complaints about low voltage supplied to the trailer brakes. my truck I is a 2017. how would I find out if my truck requires this flash? if I can correct the issue with my oem unit I wont buy the P3

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

i did read something about that as well. it was on some of the older trucks.
    If im not mistaken you should be able to give your vin number to the dealership and can look it up and tell you.
    I would try multiple dealerships around your area if one happens to say no.
    Also may want to look at your settings. i was reading that someone was messing around with the settings on theirs and they came across an option that said light electric and heavy electric. Said once they put it on heavy electric it seemed to have worked a little better.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

ive tried the heavy electric setting also. didn't seem to help. im going to my dealer tomorrow. thanks guys for the replies

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I installed an aftermarket in my 2010. I get the service trailer brakes message every time I start the truck, but just push the Select button on the steering wheel and it goes away. No problems with brakes since the aftermarket install.

2010 RAM 3500 DRW CC LB. RaceMe Ultra Sinister EGR/Cooler Delete, RaceMe EGT, 4" Flo-Pro CAT-To-Factory Muffler
    Pulling a 2011 HitchHiker 31.5 UKTG Fifth Wheel
    Full-time RVer since 9/22/14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast