Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grid heater delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Grid heater delete

If there is already a thread about this, I have not seen it so apologies in advance.

I live in North Texas, I don't use my grid heater. Last year it got down to 13 degrees I think, and my truck started right up without it. So I'm thinking about deleting it.

I've heard cylinder 6 doesn't get quite as much air as the rest, I'm assuming deleting this will help?

Can anybody who's done this tell me what to expect if anything? I'm thinking at best, a slight improvement in mileage..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Grid heater delete

Quote Originally Posted by bloombloom88 View Post
    If there is already a thread about this, I have not seen it so apologies in advance.

I live in North Texas, I don't use my grid heater. Last year it got down to 13 degrees I think, and my truck started right up without it. So I'm thinking about deleting it.

I've heard cylinder 6 doesn't get quite as much air as the rest, I'm assuming deleting this will help?

Can anybody who's done this tell me what to expect if anything? I'm thinking at best, a slight improvement in mileage..

I deleted mine. Can't say if there are improvements or not. Really just wanted to clean up under the hood. We had single digits this last winter. Truck started fine

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

3. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I did mine with a pusher intake horn at the same time. The butt dyno did not feel anything and I dont pay enough attention to MPG to know if there was any change. Maybe slight improvement on throttle response/turbo spool.

Only issue is the voltage sensor DTC pops on from time to time but i will have that shut off soon enough. No issues starting or anything.

5. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    I did mine with a pusher intake horn at the same time. The butt dyno did not feel anything and I dont pay enough attention to MPG to know if there was any change. Maybe slight improvement on throttle response/turbo spool.

Only issue is the voltage sensor DTC pops on from time to time but i will have that shut off soon enough. No issues starting or anything.
    How often does the light come on?

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I think the frequency increases as the temperature drops and the truck wants the heater to be on for longer and does not see the voltage drop. But that is just my guess because it does not turn the CEL on so I have to manually check for it.

10. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Did y'all need to replace the intake gasket, or was it reusable?

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Mine does the same thing in colder weather but I've never had an issue starting, of course Southeast Texas cold is only the 40s!

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Mine does the same thing in colder weather but I've never had an issue starting, of course Southeast Texas cold is only the 40s!

How long does the light stay on for?

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I bought a kit that came with gaskets and the plug extension wire for the sensor.

I just pretend my diesel preheat light says fuel system priming and all is well in my world.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast