Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: Shocks Brands

Fabtech
    Icon
    Fox
    Pure Performance

Have a couple options that would give different levels of ride qualms adjustment. Just depends how crazy you want to go

Bilstein 5100 a little stiffer ride. Can go to resi shock
    KYB
    Thuren

Then you've got private labels and shops that you can go with and build a shock to your specs

4. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Those who commented on their shocks, how many miles on your shocks ?
    New, 20k, 100k ???
    I've had shocks that lasted for years and some that were great but went fast.
    Funny you said that. I have been a Monroe guy forever. I installed a set of Magnums in my truck 4 years ago. I showed them to my buddy today, explaining that was the answer to the cupping on my tires. He was quick to say Magnums have only been lasting about 3 years or less. He and I are used to the old magnums which lasted forever. These were plain trash. Now that I have the fronts done, I realize how bad the rears are too.

I put a set of KYB's in Polaraco, the car, 9 years ago and they are still going strong..

100_0638.jpg

1.jpg

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes Snow Dodge, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Funny you said that. I have been a Monroe guy forever. I installed a set of Magnums in my truck 4 years ago. I showed them to my buddy today, explaining that was the answer to the cupping on my tires. He was quick to say Magnums have only been lasting about 3 years or less. He and I are used to the old magnums which lasted forever. These were plain trash. Now that I have the fronts done, I realize how bad the rears are too.

I put a set of KYB's in Polaraco, the car, 9 years ago and they are still going strong..

100_0638.jpg

1.jpg
    That is one sweet ride Steve! @Polaraco

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123