Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HX35 Need More Boost

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I agree that an upgraded turbo will do a lot more for performance than an upgraded intercooler. I have swapped out many turbos and was very happy with each and every swap. The new turbos I have installed paid for them selves in a few tanks of fuel in my semi trucks. The pickups got an instant 10%+ fuel economy boost also...when a guy was not "exploring" the new found torque! LOL

2. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Sweet thanks man, Ive got a 3 inch pusher elbow on it right now. i will check out that website and go from there. much appreciated!

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd91 View Post
    But there is sense in doing it. Stock plumbing will support over 700hp easily, and not everybody has the money to do both a turbo(s) and new intercooler. In these forced induction engines pressure is used to overcome flow restriction. Sure, in an ideal world one would do both upgrades, but most do not have that kind of a budget
    I'm not saying that it's not a viable upgrade. It is!
    Yeah the stock plumbing will handle 700 HP. but not efficiently. I proved that on my 6.7 when I started to approach 700 HP. Just a change in the boost tube from the cooler to the air horn was significant.

Boost tube is a hello alot less expensive than a turbo or an intercooler.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HX35 Need More Boost

6.7 is a different beast altogether. They move a lot more volume on both sides. That said, I'd still argue you would see much better improvements from upgrading the turbo, especially on a 6.7, as the little he351ve that comes stock flows way too little on the exhaust size for an engine of that displacement

6. Likes DevynBurk liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HX35 Need More Boost

Also, my stock plumbing(intercooler, intake horn, drivers side IC tube) is handling 500hp(dyno proven for my daily driving tune) excellently. EGTs are under 1250 at all times, cruising EGT at 70 is approximately 600, IATs are similar to stock, and fuel economy has not changed from stock

8. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok So i have been lookin at boost foolers but who makes the best one?

9. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HX35 Need More Boost

Quote Originally Posted by Dman9195 View Post
    They are pretty generic, not much to them. Another thing to keep in mind is that performance boxes such as the edge juice or Quadzilla adrenaline can boost fool as well

10. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldoctor03 View Post
    I would also go with the boost fooler and a banks wastegate. I have a quadzilla on mine with built in boost fooler and a big head accuator. I usually see 20-25 psi max with all hooked up, but if you unhook the boost line controlling the accuator and plug it, I see 35 psi max just using the spring pressure from the accuator.
    Will it do any damage to the turbo by capping the actuator line and just like you said use the spring pressure from the actuator.

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I would write or call Tyler at www.truckwurx.com and have him guide you.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HX35 Need More Boost

Will it do any damage to the turbo by capping the actuator line and just like you said use the spring pressure from the actuator.
    No, unless you over speed the turbo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast