Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HX35 Need More Boost

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I would also go with the boost fooler and a banks wastegate. I have a quadzilla on mine with built in boost fooler and a big head accuator. I usually see 20-25 psi max with all hooked up, but if you unhook the boost line controlling the accuator and plug it, I see 35 psi max just using the spring pressure from the accuator.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'll be brutally honest with you and this is from the person that makes my EFI Live tunes, If you want more boost buy a bigger turbo. Intake horns, bigger intercooler with 3.5" boost tubes. I have a stock 6.7 turbo on my 08 and the most I have seen is 35.6 pounds.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

35? I used to get 45 on a regular basis. But I had done everything you said too.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    35? I used to get 45 on a regular basis. But I had done everything you said too.
    Yeah 35psi with stock turbo, boost tubes, intercooler and intake horn.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I get that with this 5.9 now. Actually that's about it.

Who's intercooler did you put in?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I get that with this 5.9 now. Actually that's about it.

Who's intercooler did you put in?
    None it's all stock. I could see how that could be confusing.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I see. I misread what you said. There's that straw brain of mine again.

You can get significant gains with doing all those first. No sense putting in a hotter turbo if it's all bottled up in the plumbing

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HX35 Need More Boost

Quote Originally Posted by JDHuts25 View Post
    how safe is the quadzilla boost fooler? ive been looking into one but ive heard mixed feelings on it.
    Boost fooler is trouble free. You're probably thinking of the adrenaline

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You can get significant gains with doing all those first. No sense putting in a hotter turbo if it's all bottled up in the plumbing
    True but your gonna spend just as much on an inter cooler as you are a turbo. On a side note I would upgrade the inter cooler before the turbo.

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HX35 Need More Boost

But there is sense in doing it. Stock plumbing will support over 700hp easily, and not everybody has the money to do both a turbo(s) and new intercooler. In these forced induction engines pressure is used to overcome flow restriction. Sure, in an ideal world one would do both upgrades, but most do not have that kind of a budget

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast