Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine oil perference after delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Engine oil perference after delete

Anybody run a different engine oil after delete? Just deleted mine at 26,000 miles. I have previously used Valvoline premium blue and Royal purple both 15w40. Or just your favorite oil for the 6.7 Cummins.

2. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Engine oil perference after delete

My favorite stock go to oil will always be Rotella 15-W40. As for non stock oils definitely amsoil.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

If I may ask something ..

Deleted of not, why would it be better to run a different oil than what you have been ?
    The internals are the same, and from what is reported, it is running cleaner.
    So why would it matter what oil is used as long as you are comfortable with it and it's a quality brand oil ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks DDP thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, Snow Dodge, Noneck, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    If I may ask something ..

Deleted of not, why would it be better to run a different oil than what you have been ?
    The internals are the same, and from what is reported, it is running cleaner.
    So why would it matter what oil is used as long as you are comfortable with it and it's a quality brand oil ?
    Very good point.
    I should have been more clear myself. I was personally talking about the oil itself.

Stock oil to me( regular gold Rotella)

Non stock oil ( Rotella fully synthetic and amsoil ) LOL

But the only reason why people ask this question is usually because they know with emissions in tact, alot of extra stuff is getting into the oil which can degrade the oil faster then normal. They do in fact make oil to suffice for these detergency levels but it's never going to be as good and clean as a deleted truck. With the EGR in tact there is alot of added stress to the oil vs a non deleted truck. So from what I have seen due to this most people will use cheaper oil and change their oil more often then the recommended cummins Manual.

Hope this helps bud!

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I called Cummins a few years back, (guess 5 years or slightly plus ago) and they told me they install Valvoline fully synthetic oil at the factory. Not long after they started recommending it as a Cummins recommended oil.

That said, when you delete, it makes the engine preform better and cleaner. So if I'm wrong, please inform me, but it seems to me, no matter what oil you use, as long as it preforms as needed to protect the engine, it shouldn't matter.

It will not have the deposits, like soot and such building up as much as before. Then it should last longer and cleaner while in your engine. Less soot, less wear factors, less material such as metals and chemical deposits. With a quality filter, many times better lubercation performance.

Or am I thinking wrong.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Thanks DDP, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, Snow Dodge, Noneck, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sounds exactly right. With a bypass filter I'm over 3 years on the same Amsoil. Lab results still good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

12. Thanks SyN, Tian-Zen thanked for this post
    Likes 9mgcb81, SyN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I called Cummins a few years back, (guess 5 years or slightly plus ago) and they told me they install Valvoline fully synthetic oil at the factory. Not long after they started recommending it as a Cummins recommended oil.

That said, when you delete, it makes the engine preform better and cleaner. So if I'm wrong, please inform me, but it seems to me, no matter what oil you use, as long as it preforms as needed to protect the engine, it shouldn't matter.

It will not have the deposits, like soot and such building up as much as before. Then it should last longer and cleaner while in your engine. Less soot, less wear factors, less material such as metals and chemical deposits. With a quality filter, many times better lubercation performance.

Or am I thinking wrong.
    Hmm I think we may be mis-understsnding each other somewhere LOL. I completely agree with what you posted for sure. Deleting most definitely makes your engine run cleaner and better.

I apologize if I sounded confusing LOL

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sorry, but I was working on what I read at the beginning. Shay asked once deleted, was anyone running different engine oil .. I assumed due to deleting .. right ?

I couldn't see changing just due to that reason.
    And I'm old .. I could have wigged out and read something else into it.

Wouldn't be the first time ... nor the last.

Jim

15. Likes Power247, SyN liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Hahaha ahh ok thats where we were in two different areas there. LOL I was giving scenarios of it still having the EGR in place haha.

Glad we figured it out!

No sir there is no such thing as old!!!! Only more experienced then the rest!!!

My ADD gets me all the time haha

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Anybody run a different engine oil after delete? Just deleted mine at 26,000 miles. I have previously used Valvoline premium blue and Royal purple both 15w40. Or just your favorite oil for the 6.7 Cummins.
    I have always run Valvoline Premium Blue and I am running on all of my Cummins Motors I probably have accumulated 750,000 to 850,000 never had one problem with that oil love it plus it is also made especially for Cummins

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

18. Likes Shay liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast