Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Intake elbow??

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Intake elbow??

I have an 05 ram 2500 24v what does everybody recommend for intake elbows. I just have stock turbo with 4 in exhaust and afe intake not looking for massive power just a little better flow for the money. I've seen some on ebay for 100 that look smoother than stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Intake elbow??

Quote Originally Posted by Tex918 View Post
    I have an 05 ram 2500 24v what does everybody recommend for intake elbows. I just have stock turbo with 4 in exhaust and afe intake not looking for massive power just a little better flow for the money. I've seen some on ebay for 100 that look smoother than stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    I used a Pusher. I did some instructions in the how too section of the forum so you can see one. I think

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

to our forum @Tex918

Being stock, is there an advantage of a smoother flowing intake from stick ?
    I understand any airflow that is non turbulent is better, but the advantages under these conditions ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    to our forum @Tex918

Being stock, is there an advantage of a smoother flowing intake from stick ?
    I understand any airflow that is non turbulent is better, but the advantages under these conditions ?
    Well yeah! the volume considerably increases. More air, more bang. The Pusher air horn is like 200 bucks. There's no need to delete the grid heater as it flows much better that that cork in the 6.7's. I always recommend Shibby Engineering for those big motors. The product is well thought out and quality is spot on. He was one of the first, the rest are me too's.
    @Truckwurx is a pusher dealer. Not sure about the rest of these guys

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, Tex918 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I run a Shibby and am very happy with it. Only thing left restricting flow is the heater. I haven't messed with it because of some cold spells last winter