Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd/3rd Gen Exhaust Manifold Comparison

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

2nd/3rd Gen Exhaust Manifold Comparison

There is no 2G swap carb legal intake.

California smog is stupid.

You will find some places don't care, and others pop your hood and fail you.

As for the reason for dodge switching manifolds was "room" for the emissions crap.

The 3rd Gen manifold is trash, and the second-gen has equal flow, whereas the 3rd gen forces cylinders 5/6 to push air harder with my backpressure reason why 2G swap sees huge numbers gain in lowering EGTs.

I want to swap to a 2G because I need to rebuild my shocks and get my axle moved forward.

I am slowly getting there.

Willie "Felt Wedge" P - '07 Mega 2500 4x4 48RE, Full Thuren 6" w/ Alien Arms | Synergy HD | EFILive | Mishimoto Inter, Trans, & Radiator | 4.88 |

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

2nd/3rd Gen Exhaust Manifold Comparison

From my swap, I noticed a considerable drop in EGTs.

I liked the EB, but electronics always fail, so I swapped her.

The kit i bought had the 3-piece BD manifold.

The big difference from the VGT manifold to a 2G is the location of the flange.

What the 2G does is it centers the flange in the middle, thus giving you better flow rates and the biggest.

I would say 300 to 400 like stated above on the EGT drop.

You will love the swap without a doubt.

Down the road, if you do or will pull, you can buy an inline brake, which is the same as the VGT setup.

Last edited by Corkey; 08-03-2022 at 11:12 PM. Reason: had information incorrect
    II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12