Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: First Tow After Deletes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

First Tow After Deletes

Towed our fiver today for the first time after deleting with the RaceMe Ultra. Color me impressed! Towed the 15k load from Socorro, NM, to Tucumcari, NM on US-60. Climbing up through Mountainair, had to shift into 4th once due to EGTs climbing to 1075*. Otherwise, ran it in fifth gear at 60 mph until we picked up US-54 in Vaughn where the road flattens out a bit - ran 65 mph in sixth with EGTs fluctuating between 850-950. Running the box stock power tune and tranny tune. Software version is 0005. Tranny shifts are quick and firm, much better than stock. Still can't figure out why the Trans-ST temp reads about 20* lower than the EVIC display, but I can do the math in my head. Boost was never more than 26 psi. And no black smoke.

I do have one question: what is a safe EGT to shut down the truck? I know that Dodge recommends around 5 minutes of engine idle time after heavy towing for the turbo to cool down. I've been shutting down at between 350-360*

All in all, very happy camper!

Bob

2010 RAM 3500 DRW CC LB. RaceMe Ultra Sinister EGR/Cooler Delete, RaceMe EGT, 4" Flo-Pro CAT-To-Factory Muffler
    Pulling a 2011 HitchHiker 31.5 UKTG Fifth Wheel
    Full-time RVer since 9/22/14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes MRMAYHEM, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: First Tow After Deletes

When I haul 10k plus by the time I'm unhooked I just shut it off. Doesn't take long to back and disconnect the gooseneck. For me that's more than enough time

I've never noticed over about 1100° pulling away from a stop getting to cruising speed. Typically I'm 800-950

Running WARP from Ray

Even when I had my 08 F350 dually hauling 21-22k I did the same thing. With the Spartan and SCT X4 my temps were rarely over 1000°

4. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: First Tow After Deletes

I dont know that I have seen an official recommendation​ for shutdown temp. I look to be in the low to mid 300 range at shutdown. The truck cools down so fast that by the time we coast through the campground, get parked and unhook we are already there.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks dieseljeeper thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, dieseljeeper liked this post