Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering deleting...any issues with the G56 6 Speed?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Considering deleting...any issues with the G56 6 Speed?

Quote Originally Posted by crussellrobinson View Post
    Still researching. I am a little concerned about the Mini Maxx..but i see it everywhere. Based on what I plan I to do I think the MM3 would work for me. The Race Me Ultra seems like a more solid long term solution. Any recommendations?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    H&S is out of business so there's no support. The RaceME Ultra is boxed tuned and you don't want that. Get the MM3 custom tuned.

You'll be glad you did friend. 👍😁

🏁Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

When I purchased the truck I had a new Mopar clutch installed. I suspected that the OEM clutch would not stand up to much timing.

My intention is to delete (EGR, DPF, 5 inch with a muffler, CCV mod, throttle valve) and add 30 to 50 hp total.

Can I do that with the new clutch?

I pull 3 to 4 times each summer a 26 foot bumper pull RV and pretty frequently a 22 foot utility trailer.

Not looking to build a speed demon. Mostly looking for an improvement in mpg, and preserve this beautiful engine.

Thoughts?

Running only 30-50hp shouldn't give too much trouble. Once you get to the 100 mark you need to really pay attention.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Just deleted my 2014 with a G56 about a month ago. MM3 with tunes from double r diesel. I haven't had any problems with it. I don't beat on it but I don't baby it either. I get about 6 mpg more after the delete.

Jim
    2014 6.7l, G56, 37" tires, full deletes double r diesel mm3

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I deleted my 2015 G56 earlier this year. I run an MM3 with tunes from Ray @Double R Diesel. My base ECM tune is 60hp, which means that is the default on every start. Running the base tune 90% of the time and playing around with the 90hp and 120hp tunes every so often (not going full throttle though) and towing an 8,000lb camper a handful of times on the 60hp tune, I was able to milk 12,000 miles out of my stock clutch after tuning. I finally had to swap my stock dual mass junker out for a dual disk this past weekend because the stocker was chattering at take off and I could barely merge on to the highway without it slipping.

If you are going to stick in the 30-50 hp range and tow heavy-ish on occasion, you may be able to get more than 12,000 miles out of it...it really all depends on how many miles are on your clutch and how worn out the clutch is presently. Bottom line is even at stock power levels, the factory clutches are sub par and generally need replacement before the 100,000 mile mark.

My advice...start saving for a good dual disk (Valair or South Bend). Either option is going to run you $1,300-$1,500 ish just for the parts...tack on another grand or so if you want someone to put it in for you. I'd also recommend swapping the ATF out for some synchromesh or Delvac 50 if you go this route as you will absolutely have gear rollover.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    I deleted my 2015 G56 earlier this year. I run an MM3 with tunes from Ray @Double R Diesel. My base ECM tune is 60hp, which means that is the default on every start. Running the base tune 90% of the time and playing around with the 90hp and 120hp tunes every so often (not going full throttle though) and towing an 8,000lb camper a handful of times on the 60hp tune, I was able to milk 12,000 miles out of my stock clutch after tuning. I finally had to swap my stock dual mass junker out for a dual disk this past weekend because the stocker was chattering at take off and I could barely merge on to the highway without it slipping.

If you are going to stick in the 30-50 hp range and tow heavy-ish on occasion, you may be able to get more than 12,000 miles out of it...it really all depends on how many miles are on your clutch and how worn out the clutch is presently. Bottom line is even at stock power levels, the factory clutches are sub par and generally need replacement before the 100,000 mile mark.

My advice...start saving for a good dual disk (Valair or South Bend). Either option is going to run you $1,300-$1,500 ish just for the parts...tack on another grand or so if you want someone to put it in for you. I'd also recommend swapping the ATF out for some synchromesh or Delvac 50 if you go this route as you will absolutely have gear rollover.
    Thanks this great info. I will start saving for an MM3. My clutch is brand new. The dealer installe

d a new Mopar clutch on purchase. I probably should have insisted on an upgraded clutch at that point. Also did the main rear seal.

I tow only in the summer and it's not a huge trailer. I used to pull it with a gas F250 (not a fun experience).

I will get the fluid upgraded when I do the differentials.

What is gear roll over?

Russ

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thanks this great info. I will start saving for an MM3. My clutch is brand new. The dealer installe

d a new Mopar clutch on purchase. I probably should have insisted on an upgraded clutch at that point. Also did the main rear seal.

I tow only in the summer and it's not a huge trailer. I used to pull it with a gas F250 (not a fun experience).

I will get the fluid upgraded when I do the differentials.

What is gear roll over?

Russ

No problem at all good sir.
    Gear rollover comes in to play when you switch to a solid flywheel. It basically sounds like rocks in your transmission when you're in gear at low rpm's and when idling in neutral. The dual mass flywheel dampens this sound, but at the expense of a weaker clutch.

Example:

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

11. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thanks. I really appreciate you taking the time to share that.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Definitely agree on going for the delete from ray!

Your truck will feel like a whole new animal!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I need to contact him and price it all out. The truck is fun.. but it feels like it's being held back. I have a friend with a 99 5.9 with a 6 speed and oh man it's a rocket. It gets up a roars. My 6.7 is tame. It feels choked. I am looking forward to post delete performance.

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    No problem at all good sir.
    Gear rollover comes in to play when you switch to a solid flywheel. It basically sounds like rocks in your transmission when you're in gear at low rpm's and when idling in neutral. The dual mass flywheel dampens this sound, but at the expense of a weaker clutch.

Example:
    is this gear rollover bad on the truck or is it more obnoxious than harmfull?

19. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast