Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercooler piping

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Intercooler piping

Anybody ever try these 3.5 in pipes and did they make any difference or is it a was of $$$$. Thanks http://www.xtremediesel.com/mbrpalum...deic1257.aspx#

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I only did the tube from the intercooler to the air horn and i DID have a slight performance improvement

Check out Shibby Engineering at www.truckwurx.com

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Intercooler piping

I wander if doing both tubes plus with the bd intercooler I have with the 3.5 inlets will make it flow better.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

i have a feeling steve and I will be doing that soon. the BD is sitting at ready, and its just gettign the tubes, and boots to make it fit. Steve, 2 weeks?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I havent used them myself, but a buddy of mine put them on his 24v and he said he noticed an improvement in flow and the intake air is a lil cooler also

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

3 months alex. . . Not going to do that until spring. I have a manual to write for Pusher now. They liked my write up so much they are going to use it for their new instructions. Boost tubes are next with the intercooler though.

I have a bunch of other stuff laying around here that needs to get done first. Air Bags, compressors, mirrors. . .

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I am gonna be switching from my CFM+ to a pusher mega or the twin ram set up not sure yet

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You talking about that mega with the small tubes?

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have the stock tubes on my truck lookin to put the mega 3.5 in intake on it or go with the twin ram not sure yet tho. Wish they had the cross set up for the 12v that they have for the common rail trucks

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have built some 3.5 inch boost tubes for a few 6.7s. This mod helped by getting rid of a restriction in air flow...the stock 6.7 cold side boost tube necks down quite a bit. I also do a bit of porting to the stock 6.7 manifold to give the engine a bit more air flow. Both mods will help gain some fuel economy and some extra torque. If one has a larger intercooler with the larger 3.5" inlet and outlet then these mods will work even better.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast