Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intercooler piping

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Porting is a very good mod. You don't want the porting smooth unless you are going to run the track. A baby smooth porting job for street is useless.

I did a whole thread on it, pretending I didn't know about it. As far as poering is concerned, it's the same for gas and diesel. Intake porting is more important than exhaust.

http://www.Moparfins.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3069

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Rule of thumb for porting is that if it is just air going into the engine then you can polish the intake tracks to a mirror polish. If there is a fuel mixture going through the intake air tracks then one should leave the surface rough. In All engines one can polish the exhaust ports to a mirror shine for gains in performance.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

That is true for the exhaust Stu. But you want a swirling air flow for lower speeds on the intake side. Air or mixture, This allows the air (Mixture) to screw itself into the cylinders.

You can have everything smooth leading up to the head ports though. Like the intake as an example.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Intercooler piping

5. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

You get that from Tyler? I hope

Excellent choice. But you want to do the hot side too. As Stu mentioned on page 1, 3 1/2 ports on a intercooler would help too. The more volume you move, the better it will run

Last edited by Polaraco; 01-26-2013 at 07:23 PM.

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Whos kit is that?

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Intercooler piping

It's the 3.5" pusher. Yes Steve that's both sides so it will be 3.5" all the way to the turbo.

9. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Intercooler piping

Sweet

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Intercooler piping

I hope it does good as everyone says. LOL

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Intercooler piping

Plus I'm having them powder coated in GRINCH green. LOL .

12. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast