Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED head lights on a 2012, 3500

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: LED head lights on a 2012, 3500

Quote Originally Posted by ywgbandit View Post
    I may be hooped on all counts except for halogen. I do not have the projector housing so I won't use HID. I don't think they can be properly focused in my type of housing. My big problem is the fact that my Canadian truck has daytime running lights that use the high beam filament at a lower power to act as daytime running lights, so there is no way to make the LED's work. The other option is to replace the entire headlight assembly, but I will still get a Canbus code because of the DRL. My only option seems to be halogen. The problem with halogen is that there are no real improvements due to wattage restrictions, just different colors. I had a higher wattage H4 in my motorcycle, but it isn't made any more. H-13's are restricted to 55/60 watt low/high.
    Well bud that just sucks your only other option I believe would be the Sylvania ZXE pretty good also

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: LED head lights on a 2012, 3500

I have hids on my lows and fogs. My 16 doesnt have daytime running lights. I bought some random hid kit off Amazon and bought the relay harness from the retrofit source to cancel the bulb out warning and the flickering. Works great. I'm sure it would work with your truck although it will get pricey if you want hids on your high beams.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12