Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 inch flo pro question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

5 inch flo pro question

Hey y'all just ordered my complete mm3 package from ray over at double r diesel. My question is do I have to drop the cross member under the tranny to instal the exhaust? Or can I just deal with a little more frustration and get around it without having to drop it? Any other tips and tricks would be helpful. Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 5 inch flo pro question

Been a year since i did mine, but no you don't have to drop the crossmember. Removing some of the original hangers can be tricky. Lube them up with wd40 or silicone or something. Also my truck is a crew can short bed. The instructions never said that the mid pipe supplied is for the longest configuration and will need to be shortened for anything shorter than 8 foot bed mega cab I'm assuming. I screwed around for a while and finally called Flo pro and they told me that. Hopefully they've added that to their instructions by now.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

3. Thanks allbizns thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RODEO View Post
    Hey y'all just ordered my complete mm3 package from ray over at double r diesel. My question is do I have to drop the cross member under the tranny to instal the exhaust? Or can I just deal with a little more frustration and get around it without having to drop it? Any other tips and tricks would be helpful. Thanks
    Get someone to help you install the clamp for the down pipe to the turbo, otherwise you'll have a hard time doing it by yourself

5. Likes easttxram liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Get someone to help you install the clamp for the down pipe to the turbo, otherwise you'll have a hard time doing it by yourself
    I believe I removed my inner fender for more access to that.

7. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No need to remove anything other than the exhaust junk. Those hangers are a pain in the ***! Flo pro includes a piece for mega cab, and a piece for long bed. If you have a crew cab short bed you will have 2 pieces left over. My exhaust stuck out a good 4 inches past the rear fender so I cut it and spot welded a tip on it. A second pair of hands will definitely speed up the process for installing the downpipe. I did it myself and it took forever. Haha

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

9. Likes Noneck, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Make sure to wrap those electrical connectors off! I used a bunch of electrical tape and a zip tie to secure them. Or buy the plug kit.

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

11. Likes Noneck, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I ran the muffler for a year and just removed it a few weeks ago. I was able to use the leftover pieces to make a muffler delete. It's really not that loud with no muffler. It gets throatier and slightly louder with no muffler but I don't think it's obnoxious.

13. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    I ran the muffler for a year and just removed it a few weeks ago. I was able to use the leftover pieces to make a muffler delete. It's really not that loud with no muffler. It gets throatier and slightly louder with no muffler but I don't think it's obnoxious.

I shouldve kept those extra pieces. I wasnt sure how loud it would be without the muffler and didnt want it crazy loud. Oh well.

15. Thanks Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent85 View Post
    I shouldve kept those extra pieces. I wasnt sure how loud it would be without the muffler and didnt want it crazy loud. Oh well.

I thought the same thing. My exhaust system came loose a little while back and fell off from the muffler back. I got to hear it with no muffler and decided to give it a try. You can get a delete pipe on eBay for around $40 or $50 shipped .

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ill be looking those up then. Haha

18. Likes Noneck liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast