Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revmax rainy day project!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Revmax rainy day project!

And...my convertor arrived today. Looks like UPS dragged it from North Carolina. My wife heard the guy drop it on my concrete front stoop. Going to put a claim in with UPS to replace it. The vendor has already notifies revmax and sent them my pictures. Both ends of the box were blown through. The plastic protective cover they put over input shaft was destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Is there a torque value for the pan?
    Just did mine a week ago. 7-9 ft/lbs or 105 in/lbs

3. Thanks Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, Snow Dodge liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

And...my convertor arrived today. Looks like UPS dragged it from North Carolina. My wife heard the guy drop it on my concrete front stoop. Going to put a claim in with UPS to replace it. The vendor has already notifies revmax and sent them my pictures. Both ends of the box were blown through. The plastic protective cover they put over input shaft was destroyed. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...feda95851c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e8a03388e1.jpg

Damn bud that is effed up I never get packages looking like that from UPS or FedEx I would kick somebody's *** if I received a package like that in that condition somebody needs to be fired for that

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, Snow Dodge liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

What's the recommended procedure for checking the trans fluid? Running in park, running in neutral or off? Checked manual and dipstick and no instructions to be found.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

What's the recommended procedure for checking the trans fluid? Running in park, running in neutral or off? Checked manual and dipstick and no instructions to be found.

That sucks about the converter! Check transmission level in neutral. It's tricky to get the level correct. Once you think it's full. Drive it easy to get temps up and double, triple check level. You'll probably end up adding a couple quarts more after that.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

8. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thanks man. Yeah I'm glad we decided to get a replacement though. Now I can evaluate the valve body for a bit. Shifts definitely feel firmer. I drove it with old tunes without the max line pressure and they were still firmer. Then added rays new tunes with max line pressure and it ha very firm shifts. I'm sure they will settle.down aome.in a couple hundred miles. Oh and my Revmax spin on filter fitting had boogered up threads and would not thread into the trans so I ended up using the plastic one. That kind of bummed me out. For $29 your expect good quality!

10. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thanks man. Yeah I'm glad we decided to get a replacement though. Now I can evaluate the valve body for a bit. Shifts definitely feel firmer. I drove it with old tunes without the max line pressure and they were still firmer. Then added rays new tunes with max line pressure and it ha very firm shifts. I'm sure they will settle.down aome.in a couple hundred miles. Oh and my Revmax spin on filter fitting had boogered up threads and would not thread into the trans so I ended up using the plastic one. That kind of bummed me out. For $29 your expect good quality!

Damn..... I just ordered that steel filter adapter. Hope mine is better. I never noticed much difference in shift quality after I installed the VB. To be honest, I was kinda bummed. But, I did the TC first and was driving with that for a couple thousands miles and that seal probably was starting to fail already. It'll probably be a complete different animal once I'm back together this time. RevMax said today my parts will be ready to ship towards the end of the week.

I wonder how many people actually do the transmission quick learn procedure that RevMax recommends when installing the VB? I know I didn't, but was told that loading a new tune gives you the same result.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

12. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Mine was as well, but mine was on the filter end. Sounds like a call to Revmax is in order..

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

14. Likes Noneck, theaaronbush liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I'll at least return it for a refund but still...its back together now. Wth!
    As for shift quality, it's definitely a noticeable difference. I did read some posts about a relearn with a scan tool which i dont have . I was unaware a reprogram would Do the same thing, I just figured I'd driver her easy for couple hundred miles and let the trans relearn.

16. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Man that sucks about the revmax filter threads being boogered up when I got mine it was pristine the only hard thing was trying to get the plastic threaded part out of screw on filter

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast