Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coolant Temp Sensor

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Coolant Temp Sensor

Hello! I have a 2012 Durango Crew. I got an error code for P0128 ODB II, for thermostat rationality. Coolant is full and I haven't notice a difference in the hotness or coolness of the SUV, so I figure it's the sensor. I cannot find the sensor! Please help. I have researched and cannot find anything on the location of the sensor. It's a relatively inexpensive part and I am not afraid to get my hands dirty with the work. The MotorCity Mechanic helped me change out my headlight assembly, I figure you can help me locate the sensor as well.

Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Coolant Temp Sensor

to the forum.

You didn't state the size engine, but here's a clip to see. It's usually easy.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Thanks perezboyz123 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    to the forum.

You didn't state the size engine, but here's a clip to see. It's usually easy.

It's either a Pentastar V6 or a 5 7 Hemi.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks perezboyz123 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Apologies, it's a V6 3.7L. thanks for the video, I did come across that but it's for an older Durango. The alternator is in a different location on my vehicle.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

If memory serves me right, (and I'm old and the memory is short), it's usually 'on' or 'near' the thermostat housing on gassers. Have ya looked there ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan