Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clucking drivetrain

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Clucking drivetrain

I'm having issues with my 2016 2500 crew cab 4x4. When I'm driving along 30-45 mph and let off the throttle completely I get a pretty bad clunk and sometimes jerk in the drivetrain. If I'm going up hill at low speed and let off it does it even worse and forget about stop and go traffic. I've taken it to dealer and they say it's normal the trans is unloading or some BS. So I'm hoping to get some insight if this is happening to anyone else maybe a fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Clucking drivetrain

Mine does this as well. Mine does it if I'm on the gas and suddenly let off before it shifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mine does it once in a great while, car car less with Ray's tuning on it than when stock

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wleder91 View Post
    I'm having issues with my 2016 2500 crew cab 4x4. When I'm driving along 30-45 mph and let off the throttle completely I get a pretty bad clunk and sometimes jerk in the drivetrain. If I'm going up hill at low speed and let off it does it even worse and forget about stop and go traffic. I've taken it to dealer and they say it's normal the trans is unloading or some BS. So I'm hoping to get some insight if this is happening to anyone else maybe a fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    How about more details about the truck. Crystal ball is out for service.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

My truck is bone stock auto 6speed 68RFE with 35000 miles on it I purchased it with 28000 on it. Only thing I have changed is CCV filter fuel filters and oil. I also put after market 18" wheels with +12 offset and stock tires. I'm thinking something is up with my torque converter cause one in a while I get a clunk when the exhaust break cuts out.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My truck is bone stock auto 6speed 68RFE with 35000 miles on it I purchased it with 28000 on it. Only thing I have changed is CCV filter fuel filters and oil. I also put after market 18" wheels with +12 offset and stock tires. I'm thinking something is up with my torque converter cause one in a while I get a clunk when the exhaust break cuts out.
    Is this a crew cab long bed? If it is, it could be the center bearing. Warrantee

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It's crew cab short bed I checked for any play around ujoints and transferase

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

It's crew cab short bed I checked for any play around ujoints and transferase
    You have to be more descriptive about the clunk. Does it sound like it's coming from the rear? Front? Between Accell and decel? His Speeds, stopped?

See if you can get the rear wheels off the ground. Put the truck in neutral. Get under and grab the rear U Joint. Rotate it back and forth and see if there is allot of slop in the rear.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I comes from under the center hump in front seat it happenes when I let off the throttle completely during acleration especially on grade or if in decell with exhaust break on and it drops below the minimum rpm to keep it engaged it will do it. Almost like when the converter unlocks. I'll will check rearend when the rain lets up

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

That still has a warranty on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast