Ok,

I have a 2017 Laramie Longhorn 2500..... I deleted and tuned it (Double R) right out of the box. I also upgraded the converter and valve body with RevMax components.

After about 5000 miles my converter started acting goofy. Next thing I know, temps crept up to 205°F which isn't bad but I knew something was wrong in the converter. I parked it, pulled the bell housing cover and there was aluminum dust all over. I checked the converter bolt torque and they were good but you could feel the heads were rubbing on the back of the engine.

I called RevMax to see what the heck was up. After I told him what was happening they knew right away what the problem was. Apparently, when using their converter and valve body along with the increased transmission line pressure, the converter tends to flex the factory flexplate too much which causes the converter to walk back and forth on the input shaft which in turn, damages the internal converter seal. They said my seal had cut or popped out and was floating inside the converter or worse, inside the pump. RevMax is stepping up to make this right. I am sending them my converter and pump and they are going to go through them both for free.

RevMax then said they HIGHLY RECOMMEND installing their billet flexplate when using their converter and running a high trans line pressure. That extra pressure tends to push the converter forward and back excessively and the stock plate just flexes too much.

I'm a little upset they didn't explain this when I originally purchased the converter and VB but at least they're trying to make it right.

So, to make a long story short..... If you're gonna upgrade your converter and VB and gonna run maximum line pressure.... INSTALL A BILLET FLEXPLATE!!!! Especially if you're towing heavy loads..... Like I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk