Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  62
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 68RFE ATF+4

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE ATF+4

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    There is a lot of good advice here, but take it from my personal experience, stay away from AMSOIL in the 68RFE. I can dig up my old thread about it.
    Please post that. Would like to read it.

🏁Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Let me know when that trans warms up. LOL I see that unloaded. But I have a 48
    If it's under about 55-60 degrees I don't even see 100 for my temps. I've used the sensor in the pan and external moving it to several different locations. Mounted about 5 inches from exiting now closest I can get it. So I know it's as hot as it's going to be in the line.

I've considered replacing my gauge to one that reads down 60 I think is what the sweep is for winter temps

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

That's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Please post that. Would like to read it.

Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!
    Here is that thread:

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-After-Service

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I have a MagHytec pan so a lot of extra fluid
    With temps around 85-90 I usually don't see anything over 165. And hauling in town I'll peak at 175

Average temps are 130-145
    Damn those are pretty awesome temps I am going to switch my trans Pan to the Mag Hytec Double Deep within the next week or two

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Damn those are pretty awesome temps I am going to switch my trans Pan to the Mag Hytec Double Deep within the next week or two
    Having the extra fluid helps a lot. Changes can go a little longer but I still do 5k miles since its stock

It's 12 qts for changes with filters to top off

9. Thanks str8:6, Snow Dodge thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

You change your fluid every 5000 miles bud ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

You change your fluid every 5000 miles bud ?
    Didn't know how the maintenance was done before I bought it. 1st change the magnet was covered. Changing more frequently for a while to make sure it's all good
    Changed 3 times this will be 4. Haven't had anything on it since. Will test fluid this time
    See how test goes then go to normal intervals

Still 7500-10k

12. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Didn't know how the maintenance was done before I bought it. 1st change the magnet was covered. Changing more frequently for a while to make sure it's all good
    Changed 3 times this will be 4. Haven't had anything on it since. Will test fluid this time

Still 7500-10k
    Ok cool bud I have heard 15,000 to 30,000 to 50,000 before fluid changes and filters

13. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Ok cool bud I have heard 15,000 to 30,000 to 50,000 before fluid changes and filters
    That is correct sir. 30K is a good rule of thumb

Still 7500-10k
    Having a black mud on the magnet is normal wear and tear. What's bad is when you see lots of brass or aluminum flakes. If you have changed it that often, you're in real good shape for a while. Just drive it. You can occasionally pull the dip stick and give it a sniff for a burned order.

Leave the paranoia to us old people @AnOldBiker

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast