User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE ATF+4

Roughly 9 foot pounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I use Amsoil in everything BUT the transmission. Many people have had shifting problems using it. Pick a good brand full synthetic. I'm using Valvoline ATF+4 with no issues.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    The Mopar has worked fine for me. It seems around 5-6k it starts breaking down

No sign of metals or anything in changes fluid looks great every time. Just considering thinking about trying something different
    Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Does anyone know who an Amsoil Dealer is ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomoad View Post
    What pound are the tranny pan bolts torqued to?

I am and have not ever been convinced that Amsoil is worth the money. I've accomplished the same results with off the shelf products. But if you really want Amsoil, you can talk to JJ @IGOTACUMMINS.com

Any one of the national brands will work. The secret is not to get the trans hot.

Years ago, they used to have drain plugs in the converters. Pitty. They took them out. But a trans flush with a new filter works well. Pricey, but good.

1/4 ratchet held by the head and pulled tight usually works just dandy. I'm not one to go dragging out the torque wrench for that stuff. Usually air ratchet tight. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes str8:6 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I am and have not ever been convinced that Amsoil is worth the money. I've accomplished the same results with off the shelf products. But if you really want Amsoil, you can talk to JJ @IGOTACUMMINS.com

Any one of the national brands will work. The secret is not to get the trans hot.

Years ago, they used to have drain plugs in the converters. Pitty. They took them out. But a trans flush with a new filter works well. Pricey, but good.

1/4 ratchet held by the head and pulled tight usually works just dandy. I'm not one to go dragging out the torque wrench for that stuff. Usually air ratchet tight. LOL
    Hey bud I couldn't agree with you more as long as you use name brand fluids they are all pretty good
    However I was talking to my Transmission guy and he said let him know when I am ready to change my fluid who is going to get it straight from the dealer since it is OEM fluid it is what's best for these transmissions being the 68RFE

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I use Amsoil in everything BUT the transmission. Many people have had shifting problems using it. Pick a good brand full synthetic. I'm using Valvoline ATF+4 with no issues.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    The Mopar has worked fine for me. It seems around 5-6k it starts breaking down

No sign of metals or anything in changes fluid looks great every time. Just considering thinking about trying something different
    Does anyone know who an Amsoil Dealer is ?
    Hey bud I couldn't agree with you more as long as you use name brand fluids they are all pretty good
    However I was talking to my Transmission guy and he said let him know when I am ready to change my fluid who is going to get it straight from the dealer since it is OEM fluid it is what's best for these transmissions being the 68RFE
    There is nothing special about the Factory fluid other than the propaganda. The factory tunes the propaganda chips in the mechanics pretty good. I forgot what brand it is repackaged. For some reason Mobil comes to mind.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Likes Noneck, SyN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I will mention one little thing, Mopar sells good fluids, BUT Mopar doen't make any fluids ... they contract out to a company that will give them the best price.

The fluids have to meet certain specs, and that is it. So all brand named companies that sells their producs that states it will work in that year will do.

Mopar fluids are only Mopar ... on the labels.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

11. Likes hoe, Noneck, SyN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Surely there's a thread but on a phone hard to search all of them

About time to do the transmission again

I usually just run Mopar fluid in my 09 68RFE
    Was considering
    Amsoil
    Royal Purple
    Redline

Who has run them and did you see any noticeable difference over Mopar fluid

My temps always run very low so that's not an issue
    There is a lot of good advice here, but take it from my personal experience, stay away from AMSOIL in the 68RFE. I can dig up my old thread about it.

13. Likes theaaronbush, Noneck liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marvincameron View Post
    @ 9mgcb81 How low does you Trans run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a MagHytec pan so a lot of extra fluid
    With temps around 85-90 I usually don't see anything over 165. And hauling in town I'll peak at 175

Average temps are 130-145

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I have a MagHytec pan so a lot of extra fluid
    With temps around 85-90 I usually don't see anything over 165. And hauling in town I'll peak at 175

Average temps are 130-145
    Let me know when that trans warms up. LOL I see that unloaded. But I have a 48

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast