Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Confused

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Getting Confused

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Congrats on the deletes. The relearn if for Transmission Tuning. You just have to give your Transmission a little but if time to adjust to the added line pressure. You did not mention if you got Warp Tuning so I'm assuming that you are only using the RaceME Ultra box Tuning. RaceME has increased line pressure and a few other things for their box Transmission Tuning but custom Tuning is honestly the way to go especially for towing heavy. A tuner can control when the torque converter locks and unlocks plus they can adjust your shift points so you're not lugging the Transmission in too high of a gear. I think the relearn is just very conservative, unloaded driving for about 75-100 miles. It may not even be that much.

The 30hp duration is just fine for towing. Before Warp Tuning, I towed my travel trailer with the 60hp duration and now I have a 90hp towing tune by Double R Diesel.

Alarms. Boost pressure should honestly be no more than 34psi but the factory Tuning allows for higher boost pressures. That's another great option for custom Tuning. The tuner can keep your Turbo from over boosting and damaging the Turbo. You shouldn't hit any alarms while driving conservatively. Just keep on watching the parameters that you are watching. Only one I'd add would be transmission line pressure.

Good luck and I hope that I was able to answer some of your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90 hp tow tune, what different on it? I have Rays tuning as well but run it on 30 hp for towing.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoad View Post
    90 hp tow tune, what different on it? I have Rays tuning as well but run it on 30 hp for towing.
    The 2010-12 trucks are different to tune. Ray couldn't make huge hp durations with a single ECM file for those year models. 90hp was as low as he could safely go with a 120hp ECM file. I would have to purchase multiple ECM files to be able to do a wider range of hp RT files. I drive very conservatively even without a load so as long as I don't tax the tranny too hard with the added hp, I will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Oh I see. Ok thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12