Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just deleted, one question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Just deleted, one question

Hello all, new to the forum. I have a 2012 lonestar 3500 cc 4x4. It has 156k miles because it was my hotshot truck until I got out of the business a month ago. I got my minimaxx in the mail yesterday and installed it with the egr and DPF delete this morning and I am very impressed. However on my initial shakedown run, I ran it on the 40hp setting and buried my foot in it a little. After a little wheel spin and black smoke, she defueled on me briefly. I suspect the truck has a low coolant temp defuel setting because it wasn't at operating temp yet. Anyone experienced this?

2. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Just deleted, one question

I have a 2012 as well. Sounds like your traction control defueled you. Try hitting the traction control button and get on the throttle again to see what it does. Mine does it all the time... embarrassing at a rough intersection.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes V10sport liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

We have a traction control button? LOL I've had this truck over a year and I've never seen one

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It's the one to the right of the tow/haul button. Your mini max will have settings you can select for cold coolant, etc. It just doesn't add power until it's warmed up.

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Oh that's odd mine doesn't have that. Is it a drw thing?

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ya a dually won't have traction control

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    It's the one to the right of the tow/haul button. Your mini max will have settings you can select for cold coolant, etc. It just doesn't add power until it's warmed up.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...441fc56af7.jpg

If you don't have that button then you don't have traction control bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes V10sport liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Ya a dually won't have traction control

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    My buddy's 13 Laramie drw has traction control

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

It could be the throttle valve too. You want to make sure your throttle valve is unplugged or it will cause the same situation.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast