Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: RaceME and the 68RFE

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME and the 68RFE

So all these 68RFE deaths I've seen has me worried. I pull a 11,000# travel trailer probably every other weekend for ~300 miles during the summer.

I haven't programmed yet but I have the RaceME Ultra and 5" FloPro exhaust. I do have a somewhat heavy foot and I'm trying to figure out the best approach for the trans. Will the RaceME with the bump in line pressure be OK or should I just dive in and get a RevMax valve body and warp tune that will bump the line pressure to like 200 psi (if thats possible with a warp tune)?

I don't plan on putting more then a 80hp tune on the truck, more then likely it will just be the 40hp tune.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME and the 68RFE

MY 68re only lasted 70k mi, and I drive normal and tow nothing. I snapped the input shaft

3. Top Of Page | #3

Ray @Double R Diesel would be my suggestion; his custom tuning worked great for me.

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn Edition, 5" afe TBE Exhaust, S&B Cold Air Intake, GDP EGR Delete, GDP Throttle Valve Delete, RaceMe Ultra Tuner w/ DRD Custom Tunes, Rough Country 2.5" Leveling Kit, Rough Country 3.0 Shocks, Gladiator QR900-MT 35x12.50x18

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

As long as you have a 10+ or nobody can help

6. Likes marvincameron liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    As long as you have a 10+ or nobody can help
    Ray has tuned the older trucks. He said as of right now its a ton of work and the software is getting better.

So hopefully soon he will open it up for you guys.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Ray has tuned the older trucks. He said as of right now its a ton of work and the software is getting better.

Pre 07.5
    10+

RaceME has left in between out in the cold for years. Ray and all the other guys are working their a$$es off to help but can't do much until Franz gets his crap together

Been talking to a couple friends about trying to pull a different platform over for the 6.7 and have the ability to tune ECM/TCM

9. Likes str8:6 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post

Once Franz gets his act together at RaceMe then Ray from Double R Diesel will be the answer man

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Once Franz gets his act together at RaceMe then Ray from Double R Diesel will be the answer man
    At the rate things are going and things that have been said that may never happen. Hopefully though so Ray can do his thing