Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 68RFE shudder in first gear.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE shudder in first gear.

Hi everyone
    I posted under drive train but thought I was better suited to post here. Sorry for that.
    Here's the deal...... NEW 2016 Limited. 68RFE. 2400 miles. Driven like a baby. Never towed anything. No boosted launches nothing.
    Take off from stop under mid throttle...... Transmission starts to shudder at top of power band. Starts around 1500 rpm and continues till it shifts to second. You can see it skipping around on the tach and feel it in the truck.
    I haven't heard of too many problems w/ 68RFE under stock power especially being new.
    My guess is lower sprag. Why....I have no idea how it would have gone bad under these circumstances. But that's what I suspect.
    Any ideas???? Anyone have this problem????
    Could be just a lemon trans????
    Truck is going to dealer tonight. Hopefully it will be resolved. I have everything needed to go ahead with deleting the truck but have to get past this.
    My next concern would be if the 68 didn't hold up even by being new and not abused how is it going to hold up with being deleting and tuned.
    I didn't think it was going to be a problem before. But I do now.
    Any suggestions?? Ideas???

2. Top Of Page | #2

Re: 68RFE shudder in first gear.

Holding up to more power is my concern as well. 3 weeks after deleting exhaust and tune my torque converter went out. Still under warranty miles wise, so buddy is service manager at dealership and got my torque converter replaced under warranty. I went to DRD for new tunes and truck shifts way smoother now, but about mid throttle I start to feel another shutter under my feet, so not sure if something in the tranny got messed up when the torque converter was messed up or if I'm supposed to consider it normal. It's not fun driving the truck wondering if I'm doing more damage or if it's the way it's going to be. I do want to get it all figured out while it's still under warranty though. The 68RFE definitely seems like the weak point and no point in building up more horsepower the tranny can't handle

Last edited by Branden Kuck; 12-25-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Typo