Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: 4" FloPro Exhaust with and without muffler sound difference video -2016 Ram 2500 6.7L

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

4" FloPro Exhaust with and without muffler sound difference video -2016 Ram 2500 6.7L

I'm posting this video I made of the difference between my 4" FloPro Exhaust system with and without the muffler because I had a hard time finding sound bytes myself when looking for an exhaust system for my 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins. It's not the best sound quality, plus it's vertical video with my iphone 7. Hope it helps someone, I added the muffler a few days ago because I got tired of the highway drone towing and the city raspy exhaust noise.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 4" FloPro Exhaust with and without muffler sound difference video -2016 Ram 2500

Welcome nice video

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: 4" FloPro Exhaust with and without muffler sound difference video -2016 Ram 2500

I have one of my 5" straight back. I was surprised it doesn't really drone all too bad except around 2300-2600RPM. Cold start with Exhaust brake on is a good way to tick off the neighbors though. Hahaha

2012 Ram 2500 SLT Big Horn CCSB | 6.7 CUMMINS H.O. | EFI Live by Hardway Performance & CSP5 | Edge Insight CTS2 in pillar pod w/ EGT | S&B CAI with Ram Air Tube |5" Flo-Pro Straight Turbo Back | EGR & Cooler Delete | CCV Tube Delete | Throttle Valve Delete

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yeah that's another reason why I threw on the muffler because when I remote start this beast in the winter she's a screamer in the cold weather with a straight pipe, never had any neighbor complaints mostly because I think they are too scared to say anything or they just enjoy the idle of a straight pipped Cummins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

6. Likes gene.wells69 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

...have you compared the cab noise between both? Also, what did you end up staying with, w/ or w/o muffler?

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

4" pro flo stainless w/o muffler is the exhaust im getting. I love how it sounds! I want a nice tip on mine though. Most likely a 5" tip 4"exhaust.

thinking this one!
    http://dalessuperstore.com/i-1248200...yqsaAuCO8P8HAQ

- 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l (Sold)
    - 2003 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins 75k miles (R.I.P gone but not forgotten)
    - 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman 95k miles work truck about to be deleted for the first time
    https://www.instagram.com/mikemackyo/

9. Thanks tecumseh thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    ...have you compared the cab noise between both? Also, what did you end up staying with, w/ or w/o muffler?
    I got some horrible cab drone towing trailers uphill on the highway, even without the trailers it was deafening my right ear to the point of almost wanting to pull over. I haven't had the chance to test highway up hills at a constant rpm to know the difference yet but I'm sure my right ear will thank me for the muffler. As of right now the muffler is installed, its only been on since last Friday so still to early to tell, I will let you know. Drove to Boston from Middletown NY and averaged 24.3mpg on highway 70-75mph this past Saturday with the muffler, only hit 21mpg from Middletown to Lake George last year with just the straight pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

11. Thanks tecumseh thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

Now that you've had the muffler on for a little more time how are you liking it compared to the straight pipe?