Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Took pump off now truck won't start

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Took pump off now truck won't start

I took my pump off to have someone reseal it because it was leaking fuel. First person didn't put of the interals back together properly. Took the pump to someone else who said he fixed whatever was wrong. Put the pump back on bleed the crap out of my injector lines (fuel shoots half way to roof out of cracked lines). Gas rag over intake I got the truck to run for 3-4 seconds but I think it was just the rag. I pushed my TDC pin in before removing pump and lined the pump gear mark E with cam gear mark O. Any help please!!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Took pump off now truck won't start

Quote Originally Posted by 12v_Cummins View Post
    I took my pump off to have someone reseal it because it was leaking fuel. First person didn't put of the interals back together properly. Took the pump to someone else who said he fixed whatever was wrong. Put the pump back on bleed the crap out of my injector lines (fuel shoots half way to roof out of cracked lines). Gas rag over intake I got the truck to run for 3-4 seconds but I think it was just the rag. I pushed my TDC pin in before removing pump and lined the pump gear mark E with cam gear mark O. Any help please!!!
    You need our pro @AccurateDiesel Are you sure the timing is right?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I think your timing is off do you want me to take a picture of the factory manual in those pages for you? I think I have it right here. I can do that this evening

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Timing looked correct before I put the front cover back on. Bump the motor make sure the gear didn't slip then put the cover back on. Pump is lined up with stock timing marks on etched into pump and back of cover.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

VE's are definitely not my specialty - but based on what is known here, I agree with the other respondents, it sure sounds like a timing issue. Your description of fuel spray from a cracked injection line certainly indicates sufficient bleeding of the system. Since we know the engine ran before pump removal, and the ability of the I/P to supply fuel is, from all signs, present, I would definitely re-visit the timing one more time. Happy to help if I can.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post