Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: raceme 68RFE quick learn needed?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

raceme 68RFE quick learn needed?

I just put a new worked trans in my 14 ram 6.7 I have a receme ultra . Do I have to do a TCM quick learn to reset the trans parameters or will my ultra do a reset when I program it for the new 68RFE if I increase the pressure to 225?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: raceme 68RFE quick learn needed?

Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I just put a new worked trans in my 14 ram 6.7 I have a receme ultra . Do I have to do a TCM quick learn to reset the trans parameters or will my ultra do a reset when I program it for the new 68RFE if I increase the pressure to 225?
    Welcome to the forum!! Which brand trans upgrades did you go with?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Stage 3 link below
    https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/xx-2/
    Level 3 PATC – Extreme Duty RAM 68
    This Level 3 Extreme Duty 68RFE transmission comes with our Full Billet torque converter, that has three Red clutch plates with over three times the holding ability of the stock converter. Full Billet means both the converter housing, low stall billet stator and the clutch apply piston are all billet. This converter is built in-house at PATC. The failure prone low / reverse sprag is replaced with a very large low / reverse roller clutch that will not flip like the sprag does under extreme use. This sprag is the number one cause of failure in 68RFE transmissions. This transmission comes with an Alto Red EaglePower Pack that adds extra clutches for more holding power. The Sonnax Line Pressure Booster is added to farther increase the holding ability by raising the fluid pressure. Transgo Shift Kit is installed. As a final touch the PATC Billet 68RFE input shaft has been added. You can buy this Extreme Duty 68RFE transmission and torque converter for $6094.00 plus a core charge on the transmission and converter. Tip: Before your truck is driven you must do a quick learn on the transmission PCM.

4. Thanks Power247, goofnround thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sub'd for info

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I was hoping that reprogramming the ecu would reset the trans parameters also, Than it would learn from the new trans as a new trans... and no TCM quick learn needed...Is that true?

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I was hoping that reprogramming the ecu would reset the trans parameters also, Than it would learn from the new trans as a new trans... and no TCM quick learn needed...Is that true?
    Not 100% sure but I do know that reprogramming will reset some transmission parameters like clutch fill values.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thats really all thats needed ...The worn clutch values are compensated by the trans,so worn clutch values, will on new clutches create wear issues. Than I shouldn't need to do a quick learn.
    Thank you

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thats really all thats needed ...The worn clutch values are compensated by the trans,so worn clutch values, will on new clutches create wear issues. Than I shouldn't need to do a quick learn.
    Thank you
    Awesome man! Keep us updated on how you like your new trans.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Stage 3 link below
    https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/xx-2/
    Level 3 PATC – Extreme Duty RAM 68
    This Level 3 Extreme Duty 68RFE transmission comes with our Full Billet torque converter, that has three Red clutch plates with over three times the holding ability of the stock converter. Full Billet means both the converter housing, low stall billet stator and the clutch apply piston are all billet. This converter is built in-house at PATC. The failure prone low / reverse sprag is replaced with a very large low / reverse roller clutch that will not flip like the sprag does under extreme use. This sprag is the number one cause of failure in 68RFE transmissions. This transmission comes with an Alto Red EaglePower Pack that adds extra clutches for more holding power. The Sonnax Line Pressure Booster is added to farther increase the holding ability by raising the fluid pressure. Transgo Shift Kit is installed. As a final touch the PATC Billet 68RFE input shaft has been added. You can buy this Extreme Duty 68RFE transmission and torque converter for $6094.00 plus a core charge on the transmission and converter. Tip: Before your truck is driven you must do a quick learn on the transmission PCM.
    Damn bud that should pretty much be virtually indestructible especially with billet parts very nice

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I just had the Quick Learn done at dealer... 30 min and $70.00 later all is good. It shifts like butter until you step on the throttle and than its liker a sledge hammer .I gota give credit to PATC they weren't that expensive for what I got .I would recommend them...Lets see how it lasts ...

12. Thanks Cummins7, Burd thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins7, Burd liked this post