Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCV Filter

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: CCV Filter

Quote Originally Posted by chadder1313 View Post
    Will the 13+ trucks throw codes? I wanna do mine but don't want to look at a CEL. Im already deleted.
    Welcome to the family bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Top Of Page | #12

Quote Originally Posted by chadder1313 View Post
    Will the 13+ trucks throw codes? I wanna do mine but don't want to look at a CEL. Im already deleted.
    I don't think it will code, the sensor is looking for high pressure from the crankcase, worst case is if you gut the filter and it does put up a CEL, then just replace the gutted filter with a new one. Don't forget to fit a hose if you do, the filter separates the oil in the air coming from the crankcase so you could end up with large amounts of oil entering through the inlet on the turbo.

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Yeah I was just gonna put a hose down on the passenger side shock tower.

5. Top Of Page | #14
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

If I didn't see you were in this thread, I wouldn't have known you were here. Why not throw a couple words in the introduction section so everyone else will know you ?

And .. Welcome to the IGotACummins community @chadder1313

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I bought the filter kit to, looks like it will become an ornament now. Looks like you are better off to run a hose.......I will do this when I do my EGR delete, ( just added a 5 inch flow Pro ) top side work, next up.........................

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Fisherman View Post
    I bought the filter kit to, looks like it will become an ornament now. Looks like you are better off to run a hose.......I will do this when I do my EGR delete, ( just added a 5 inch flow Pro ) top side work, next up.........................
    Nice!!! run the hose. i did 6ft to a hole in a frame. Works perfect.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Might as well do it right, from the sounds of it, everyone who puts a filter on, eventually goes to a hose. I was thinking just that, (hole in a frame).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob See View Post
    Nice!!! run the hose. i did 6ft to a hole in a frame. Works perfect.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

10. Likes walla2k5, Rob See liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

So my '16 threw a code/CEL but I did this prior to deleting. I'm deleted now and haven't thrown the kit back on, but I'm hesitant to knowing it threw a code the first time. I don't like the idea of my turbo pulling in oil, but I've replaced the filter and have been checking and cleaning the tube. Haven't seen much so I have some comfort there, but I'd love to eventually delete the filter altogether and go with a G&R or a Hellman's valve cover.

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

So what is the point of the CCV delete? Isn’t it good to have just a little bit of oil in the turbo for lube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Last edited by mseitz24; 01-03-2019 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Hyperlink

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast