Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme differences in updates with power and mileage

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exclamation Extreme differences in updates with power and mileage

So I have a 14 ram 2500 with a raceme ultra, delete pipes and 35x12.50 tires. I have been updating the raceme whenever they come out. While I thought the mileage had been lacking since stock I was getting around 18mpg average before I started having def problems. When i first installed the raceme last october I was down to 15.7 mpg average. While the power was a great improvement, normally ran on the default 120hp tune, I tried stock and the 60 and got about the same. I went to the 2-3-17 update and tried the 150hp, while the mileage would now average over 17mpg, it got about 22-23 cruising at 75mph, that tune also turned the boost up way too high, it maxed the sensor out at 38+psi, and would roll tons of black smoke. I updated to the 2-14-17 update and ran the truck on 150hp, it got 23mpg at 75 my average got up to 17.6, max boos was just over 32psi and it ran great, didn't black smoke much, but i'm more worried about getting better mileage than being able to smoke someone out, although that is nice when the time arises. Now on the 3-6-17 tune, the boost is back to 37psi and it rolls coal like a train. Why is there such variance to these updates and is anyone else having these issues? I think i'm going to put my tuner back to the 2-14-17 update and reprogram it and hopefully it will go back to how it was with the mileage and power, I know that tune the 150 hp tune felt like maybe 80hp and drove accordingly. About to go on trip and don't want to have any issues. Oh and when I program, I either have a battery charger hooked up, or jumper cables to a running car.

2. Likes elcubano, str8:6 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Extreme differences in updates with power and mileage

In for advice

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have the same trk same year same size tires. Tuned with the MM3 yesterday, at 75mph 19mpg. So I would be happy if I where you, but I understand about the black smoke. I gained about 1mpg. I was hoping for more but I guess it is what it is. Still drive like gran-ma. But I like my MM3 and Mr. Ray was great to meet and talk to. I wish I could tell what tune I am running from the device but it is no big deal. All in all I am satisfied. I think now I am going to do data-log to let Mr. Ray see I everything is OK. Please let us know what you come up with

5. Likes str8:6 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So only tune that actually gives me mpg over stock tune is the 200 duration with default everything else, drive like Grandma

Average hwy hand calc on all tunes unloaded, 15.8 mpg.

Avg hwy hand calc on 200 tune, 17-18

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

How long after a tune will you start seeing a difference in MPG and in the transmission as well. I only have a week on it so far.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Immediate, but it's imperceptible during multiple short drives. Better have replicable conditions for tank of fuel, then hand calculate.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I can tell you it was not immediate. I drove it last Saturday a little different. Sunday went to the beach about the same. Better mpg, but going to the beach is a lot of country riding at 55mph with no stop and going. On Wednesday I notice something different. I pulled out and had to get on it pretty hard and the power was their on the 60hp tune. After that day the lie o meter starting showing better mpg but hand cal., show the same 1mpg increase. So we will see. I wonder if I need to take off the egr on the drivers side and clean the grid heater off and get all the soot off of it.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I don't know anything about EGR and how that affects it. Mine hair roasted my motor and I had to off it.

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elcubano View Post
    Immediate, but it's imperceptible during multiple short drives. Better have replicable conditions for tank of fuel, then hand calculate.

It will take 50-100 miles for the computer to learn

Any changes made sensors, intake, tuning, etc.... Will take the truck a tank or 2 before you start seeing the true changes

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

On my second tank now. Hope and fingers crossed LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast