Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No communications

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: No communications

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I hate to say it, might be worth seeing if a dealer can reflash
    I'd hate to do it. It'll probably cost $300 and my lunch. I don't see myself having very many options though; I wonder if this is why later models need a communication module to run tuners?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I hate to say it, might be worth seeing if a dealer can reflash
    I agree. They can go very deep with a starscan and they have the factory to support it.

@rickywoodworking

I'm thinking you talk to a dealer and see if they have refurbs now. I can check that out for you. As a matter of fact, I'll text my bud now

What state are you in?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes rickywoodworking liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

@Polaraco I'm in Texas

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickywoodworking View Post
    @Polaraco I'm in Texas

Darn. I don't have any connections.

My buddy the parts manager didn't know if Dodge has a refurb or not. My bet is, you go in with the bad one, and let then sort it out. Then the monkey is on their back for ever. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It doesn't make sence that the dealer is my only option at fixing this or how this software can change values like this.

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

@Rickeywoodworking Are you in the US? also is that starscan? Starscan can do anything its like "God Mode" so to speak. I can only speak to some of its attributes, and I am trying to obtain the system from my old company in the closure of the company.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

@F350Cummins I saw your how NOT to sensor pic I roflmao.
    I am in Dallas Texas and I wish it was a star scan but it's the godfather of launch scan tools, X431tool; Things so big it comes with a carry crate.

The truck is a :09
    Body style: ? (Some other modules say 4dr)
    Vehicle line: looks suspicious to my untrained eye.
    Country code: plucked up for sure
    And finally both vins are : not of this world

9. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickywoodworking View Post
    @F350Cummins I saw your how NOT to sensor pic I roflmao.
    I am in Dallas Texas and I wish it was a star scan but it's the godfather of launch scan tools, X431tool; Things so big it comes with a carry crate.

The truck is a :09
    Body style: ? (Some other modules say 4dr)
    Vehicle line: looks suspicious to my untrained eye.
    Country code: plucked up for sure
    And finally both vins are : not of this world

There's more to an ECM swap than a serial number.

The dealer has refurbed ECM's for around $500. But you need to get it to a dealer and have it completely set up. Hopefully the tech knows what he is dong. The StarScan tool is what they use.

None of us can really help you. That's my advice. You'll have to bite the bullet.

Drive it to Hobby Airport and abandon it. LOL It was named after my cousin

10. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    There's more to an ECM swap than a serial number.

The dealer has refurbed ECM's for around $500. But you need to get it to a dealer and have it completely set up. Hopefully the tech knows what he is dong. The StarScan tool is what they use.

None of us can really help you. That's my advice. You'll have to bite the bullet.

Drive it to Hobby Airport and abandon it. LOL It was named after my cousin
    I found this out, but the ECU was swapped out again, and the truck runs again. this Shop told me that they had to rebuild the memory and three internal ecm power supplies.

The main power supply, injector supply, and some other mystery calibration voodoo has me back at square one. Now that the truck cracks up all gauges read propper...i still have an Intermittent power failure that shuts the truck off after a left turn at operating temperature.

Side note: voltage spike on sensor reference wire 60volts 1-4seconds

11. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I'm at a loss with that one

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast