Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No communications

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: No communications

I've used "ALL DATA" over the years to troubleshoot a variety of problems with my vehicles. If you don't already have an account, you may want to check them out. They give you step by step instructions for testing, before replacing.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

2. Likes rickywoodworking liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    I've used "ALL DATA" over the years to troubleshoot a variety of problems with my vehicles. If you don't already have an account, you may want to check them out. They give you step by step instructions for testing, before replacing.
    Thanks, I don't have an account with them but I have heard of it. I am so disappointed in my haynes book it may be worth it

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Alrighty, I got all setup for a alldata and the signs point to me getting a diagnostic scan tool or a starscan. I have found all of the wiring schematics I need in order for basic testing. Except for one, I can not find the pcm c4 pinout or functions? References? I did notice that my ecm has the wrong year and millage as my tipm. I don't want to condemn the tipm, but at this point I don't think I can use a simple used unit as long as my ecm is configured wrong year and millage. I don't want to drag this thing to the stealership and pay them for a New tipm, programming it, and recalibrations to my ecm. Fixxing my drivability issues?

6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well the truck is stillll down.
    Does anyone know whether the odometer showing different miles, the ecm having the wrong model year, or why this truck refuses to turn over???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickywoodworking View Post
    I have a 2009 3500 with the auto 6 transmission.
    The only mod that was installed on the truck was a cts2.
    All stock
    The truck ran hard and strong for 8 thousand miles exactly.. And died. The stock gauges quit working, check gauges, my cts2 lost communications with the truck, all wiring appeared fine. The ecm needed a reflash to get the truck back up and going.

Solution only worked for two months.

I'm convinced that the wiring is to blame for this como problem.
    The only one that won't clear is
    u0100 loss of communications ecm/pcm
    Other
    U0141 lost communications with fcm
    C2206 vehicle configuration mismatch
    C2202 and original vin missing
    will clear. And havnt been back.

Truck won't crank, start, roll over, or fart

What is your history with the truck?

It sounds like someone swapped a controller that was not properly programmed into the can buss

Can Buss is not very forgiving and used for that reason. I was programming Can Buss in robotics back in the early 90's. It had allot of potential and was very complicated. This generation of Can Buss requires all the components be programmed properly into the main controller (ECM). The company I worked for was working on every component to be network address. The idea was to reduce the wiring in the cars. You wouldn't be able to replace a light bulb without going to the dealer. That was 25 years ago. The Plus side was you coukd tell exactly what component failed. That said, it was also easy to crash if left unrepaired properly.

I need to know what the history is. Was the truck molested somehow? Was someone trying to hide the real mileage?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    What is your history with the truck?

It sounds like someone swapped a controller that was not properly programmed into the can buss

Can Buss is not very forgiving and used for that reason. I was programming Can Buss in robotics back in the early 90's. It had allot of potential and was very complicated. This generation of Can Buss requires all the components be programmed properly into the main controller (ECM). The company I worked for was working on every component to be network address. The idea was to reduce the wiring in the cars. You wouldn't be able to replace a light bulb without going to the dealer. That was 25 years ago. The Plus side was you coukd tell exactly what component failed. That said, it was also easy to crash if left unrepaired properly.

I need to know what the history is. Was the truck molested somehow? Was someone trying to hide the real mileage?
    My history with the truck is, third owner, the original ecm went out last year. I searched and found a reman preprogrammed to the truck vin and millage. The truck ran fine for 6 months. I bought another ecm and the cts2, (under the impression that it would save or at least retain a copy of the original ecm program). Things did not turn out good; 8k mikes later the truck went dead in the road. It was towed home. I bought another scanner with *special features*; no features found for modifying any variables inside the ecm. Relieved I could communicate with the ecm I scanned it and found the model year was wrong, the country was wrong, and the millage was off by a few hundred.

The truck did was molested the second time it went down, but the batteries weren't hooked to the truck. I just put in a new key cylinder and waited for them to come back to have a good reason to shot the truck up.

I do not like this can buss phuckery and wish I could just put 5 volts to the ect sensor wire and ground a safety switch

Thanks for the help

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Some how I knew it

Have you contacted the people you bought it from? You replaced the ECM twice? It's not unheard of to have 2 bad in a row. There is no such thing as a reman. All they do is wipe the dust off and make sure they are working. It's impossible to completely check them.

I have all the factory manuals for that truck. Fortunately, I only used them to work on the EGR and DPF deletes back in the day.

Did I see one of the codes you got is lost communications with the FCN (I don't retain acronyms. What is that Part of my brain damage form the strokes.) Maybe that's the cause.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have contacted the people I bought the ecm from. They informed me that the lifetime warranty didn't cover a lifetime of ecm swaps.

11. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Some how I knew it

Have you contacted the people you bought it from? You replaced the ECM twice? It's not unheard of to have 2 bad in a row. There is no such thing as a reman. All they do is wipe the dust off and make sure they are working. It's impossible to completely check
    Yes two bad ecms. The second didn't act up until my overhead consol read 99hours. Then my water in fuel light came on for a fraction of a second, the truck died, and gave a single chime.
    The code was lost communication with FCM, which from my knowledge is the TIPM.
    I also lost the PRND12 dash lights.

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I hate to say it, might be worth seeing if a dealer can reflash

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

13. Likes rickywoodworking liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast