Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stealth tuner

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Stealth tuner

Has anyone used the stealth tuner? They clam that it will not leave a foot print has anyone had any experience with this?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stealth tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Ram3/4 View Post
    Has anyone used the stealth tuner? They clam that it will not leave a foot print has anyone had any experience with this?
    From what I have heard all tuners will leave a foot print

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Following hehe . My factory warranty is up in 3-4 months and wife is on me about it . But Id still like to know as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tequila Sunrise Pearl 2102 Ram 3500 Laramie . 4" Tuff Ez Ride Suspension Lift , 20" Moto Metal Razor wheels wrapped in 35" Nitto Terra Grappler G2 .
    United Pacific triple trumpet train horn .No Performance mods yet .

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Looking at their site they claim no footprint. Can't find any real world users stating that yet though

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Other systems have made this statement over the years as well and it can be misleading. 'Leave no footprint' usually refers to the fact that once removed, none of the tuning remains in the ECM once the vehicle has been drives a couple hundred miles. BUT, if the tuner flashes the ECM, the flash count will not match what is on file at FCA which may cause trouble with some dealer service depts.

The exception is any tuning technology that uses foolers instead of actual tuning. These will truly leave no trace but historically​ have been very poor quality 'tuning' and are no match to real tuning.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Thanks Calibrated Addiction, walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

This is what they said when I contacted the company about there product. "Nothing else is needed to run our module it's a plug an play product that doesn't alter the ECM so theres no trace left once it's unplugged"

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If it doesn't alter the ECM the only things I can think of would be boost fooler. Possibly some electrical signals to sensors for air/fuel basically telling the truck the sensors aren't giving right readings
    There's mechanical ways to get these things without programming but they cost a lot of money. In the end programming is usually needed still

14. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I don't think think I will perches it without some real world feed back considering I have never heard of this company on here and don't want to take a chance on messing my truck up or voiding my warranty.

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

So I just talk to the company on the phone and it will not flash the computer. It plugs in to the wire harness under my hood and will not change any safety spec my stock truck has but will make the injector spray more efficient and take out turbo lag. It has 4 settings on it and he said as soon as I take it off the truck is back to stock and the dealer will never know. I am totally new with all this stuff I never had a tuner and never had a deisel truck. Any help makeing a decision would be great. I am not a mechanic but he said they have solid thousands of them and never had a problem when a truck needed warranty work. Not suer what to do. I am. It looking for a crazy tune just a little more power and less turbo lag when I am towing. Thanks in advance for any help/input

18. Likes The DodgeFather, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Hello everyone!

I couldn't help but notice some carefully worded marketing tactics...

So here is the truth!

Nothing leaves a "Watermark" anymore!

Now, let me clarify a few things.

#1. If it adds power, the dealership will be able to tell that something was done to the truck.

It doesn't matter if it's a cold air intake, a tuner, a module, nitrous, water meth, you name it...

In the event that your truck has a mechanical failure that you try to get warrantied, any technician worth his salt can look at the trucks max torque values and see that they exceeded the factory settings.

So please don't fall for the marketing Hype!

Now, i'm not saying that this is a bad product at all, but if they are relying on deceptive marketing tactics... well you decide.

What now? what do you do if you want more power and mileage but also want your warranty?

Talk to your local dealership. Ask them what modification they would be ok with you doing.

There is no such thing as being just a little bit pregnant

Just a few facts that I'd like to point out about MM3.

On the 13-17 trucks, we unlock the PCM ourselves, and unlike any other tuner on the market we do it the right way!

Others literally fry out the RSA protection chip! We have spent alot of time and money to do the unlock the right way.

We also Re-lock it when you return to stock!

Now... we're not going to tell you that we won't void your warranty like other companies... Cough cough, but the Modules have nothing on us!

We return back to the factory calibration, and leave no watermark or footprint whatever name they want to give it.

We re-lock the RSA Protection in the PCM.

We offer more reliable power, along with all of the other benefits, speedometer correction, read&clear DTC's, top speed limiters, and many more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast