Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stealth tuner

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Stealth tuner

Quote Originally Posted by MM3 Power View Post
    Hello everyone!

I couldn't help but notice some carefully worded marketing tactics...

So here is the truth!

Nothing leaves a "Watermark" anymore!

Now, let me clarify a few things.

#1. If it adds power, the dealership will be able to tell that something was done to the truck.

It doesn't matter if it's a cold air intake, a tuner, a module, nitrous, water meth, you name it...

In the event that your truck has a mechanical failure that you try to get warrantied, any technician worth his salt can look at the trucks max torque values and see that they exceeded the factory settings.

So please don't fall for the marketing Hype!

Now, i'm not saying that this is a bad product at all, but if they are relying on deceptive marketing tactics... well you decide.

What now? what do you do if you want more power and mileage but also want your warranty?

Talk to your local dealership. Ask them what modification they would be ok with you doing.

There is no such thing as being just a little bit pregnant

Just a few facts that I'd like to point out about MM3.

On the 13-17 trucks, we unlock the PCM ourselves, and unlike any other tuner on the market we do it the right way!

Others literally fry out the RSA protection chip! We have spent alot of time and money to do the unlock the right way.

We also Re-lock it when you return to stock!

Now... we're not going to tell you that we won't void your warranty like other companies... Cough cough, but the Modules have nothing on us!

We return back to the factory calibration, and leave no watermark or footprint whatever name they want to give it.

We re-lock the RSA Protection in the PCM.

We offer more reliable power, along with all of the other benefits, speedometer correction, read&clear DTC's, top speed limiters, and many more.
    If u are from this company mm3 I would like to ask u a few more questions is there a way to contact u by phone? I am very new to all of this

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Private message sent!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

So when you say, "you re-lock it when you return to stock"... does "return to stock" mean anything other than "uninstalling the tuner?"

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

From what I understand from A friend that is a tech at our local CDJR .All tuners of any brand leave a signature .And your stock ECM logs what's done to it so when you have a 2015 truck that from the factory has a factory program at 2015 and it logs a re-write in 2017 then another in 2018 (when you bring into service) they can see all those re-write' s.

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MM3 Power View Post
    Hello everyone!

I couldn't help but notice some carefully worded marketing tactics...

So here is the truth!

Nothing leaves a "Watermark" anymore!

Now, let me clarify a few things.

#1. If it adds power, the dealership will be able to tell that something was done to the truck.

It doesn't matter if it's a cold air intake, a tuner, a module, nitrous, water meth, you name it...

In the event that your truck has a mechanical failure that you try to get warrantied, any technician worth his salt can look at the trucks max torque values and see that they exceeded the factory settings.

So please don't fall for the marketing Hype!

Now, i'm not saying that this is a bad product at all, but if they are relying on deceptive marketing tactics... well you decide.

What now? what do you do if you want more power and mileage but also want your warranty?

Talk to your local dealership. Ask them what modification they would be ok with you doing.

There is no such thing as being just a little bit pregnant

Just a few facts that I'd like to point out about MM3.

On the 13-17 trucks, we unlock the PCM ourselves, and unlike any other tuner on the market we do it the right way!

Others literally fry out the RSA protection chip! We have spent alot of time and money to do the unlock the right way.

We also Re-lock it when you return to stock!

Now... we're not going to tell you that we won't void your warranty like other companies... Cough cough, but the Modules have nothing on us!

We return back to the factory calibration, and leave no watermark or footprint whatever name they want to give it.

We re-lock the RSA Protection in the PCM.

We offer more reliable power, along with all of the other benefits, speedometer correction, read&clear DTC's, top speed limiters, and many more.
    Don't forget about the customer service! You guys are awesome to deal with and have been nothing but great! Always answering and helping no matter what the situation is. Good to see ya on here bud!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I've been running the Stealth Module for about a year. It has proven to be a great product. I am having issues (not sure if its related to the module or not) with my DPF. It is going through active reigns every hundred miles or so if not more often than that. I have a CEL come on every so often and it is always related to the DPF. I had it turned off (reset) a few times and finally got tired of worrying about it and now it seems to go off by itself after a week or so. My MPG is suffering and I am using excessive amounts of DEF (2.5 gal in 1,500 miles) while CEL is on. When it Regens it only goes down to 70% and then says complete. I currently have a S&B cold air intake and a AFE hot side intercooler pipe on the truck. Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this?

I am planning a full delete and have purchased an MM3 and EGR delete and will replace exhaust with either a race pipe(DPF delete) or a turbo back 5" exhaust. Figured removing the problem with the emissions equipment could at least get me running more efficiently.

Does anyone know how the Stealth with interact with the custom tuning? Will I get additional HP with the tune and the Stealth combined? If I run 60hp on the Stealth and 60hp on tuner will I net 120hp? Thinking about just removing the Stealth and letting the MM3 do its thing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

2016 RAM 2500 4x4 Laramie - Carli 2.5 Leveling Springs, Carli Sway Bar, Carli Front Track Bar, Fox 2.0 shocks, BDS Steering stabilizer with FOX 2.0's, Rough Country steering brace, AMP power boards, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, BORA 1.75 wheel spacers, Bushwacker finder flares, Bushwacker rocker panel guards, Tough Guard form fitting hood protector, Retax bed cover, Firestone load handling air bags, S&B cold air intake, aFe hot side inner cooler tube, STEALTH module, Infinity tweets-JL Audio dash/rear doors-Rockford Fosgate sub-woofer.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gratefuldenglish View Post
    I've been running the Stealth Module for about a year. It has proven to be a great product. I am having issues (not sure if its related to the module or not) with my DPF. It is going through active reigns every hundred miles or so if not more often than that. I have a CEL come on every so often and it is always related to the DPF. I had it turned off (reset) a few times and finally got tired of worrying about it and now it seems to go off by itself after a week or so. My MPG is suffering and I am using excessive amounts of DEF (2.5 gal in 1,500 miles) while CEL is on. When it Regens it only goes down to 70% and then says complete. I currently have a S&B cold air intake and a AFE hot side intercooler pipe on the truck. Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this?

I am planning a full delete and have purchased an MM3 and EGR delete and will replace exhaust with either a race pipe(DPF delete) or a turbo back 5" exhaust. Figured removing the problem with the emissions equipment could at least get me running more efficiently.

Does anyone know how the Stealth with interact with the custom tuning? Will I get additional HP with the tune and the Stealth combined? If I run 60hp on the Stealth and 60hp on tuner will I net 120hp? Thinking about just removing the Stealth and letting the MM3 do its thing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Adding MM3 with off-road tuning and removing the emissions components will clear up the codes you are getting and return your fuel mileage.

You will get all the tuning you need with the MM3 so no need to keep the stealth module in place.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I am also running a stealth module and have had it installed for a few months. Just went on a long vacation trip with the family to

Montana and back to North Dakota. Noticed a huge over usage of def fluid. I've been on trips longer than this before the module and my def fluid stayed full.

Definitely going MM3 and selling stealth module.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I had a stealth module for about 2 months before going with emission compliant tuning through DRD.

The stealth and emission compliant tuning both used about twice as much DEF as stock. I finally bit the bullet and fully deleted my truck with DRD tunes after running emission compliant tuning for about 10k miles.

Best decision I ever made.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

What about the crackdown the EPA is doing now? You're not worried that you'll get in trouble someday due to being deleted? That's why I haven't done it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 2500 4x4, full thuren suspension, Aev Fender Flares front and rear, 40" Procomp MT2's, 17x9 Raceline wheels, MM3 Tuner, Emissions Compliant Tune

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast