Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driveshaft

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Driveshaft

OK, so it's done!

It wasn't hard, just a 15mm socket, and some jack stands to keep the driveshaft from crashing into the ground.

I got the Mopar carrier bearing, Part# 6806 5263AA.

I marked where everything was before disassembling and had a driveshaft shop use their press to remove the old and press in the new, and thankfully it all lined up as I put it back together.

Prior to all this, I had been wondering why there was a shiny portion of the driveshaft exposed at the transfer case.

Scary to think that because the support bearing rubber was not holding the driveline in place, the only thing holding it in was where it connects to the rear differential!

Maybe traction bars wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I spoke to the guys at Carli about the carrier bearing drop spacers, and they said they don't typically use them on a 2.75" front level like I have.

I bought them anyway!

I'll put the truck through its paces without spacers, and if it still shudders I'll add a spacer at a time (probably no more than 2) until I'm happy.

2012 2500 4WD, CCLB 68RFE, 2.75" Carli Level with Bilstein 5100s, and still a ways to go...

2. Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Driveshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Taistee View Post
    OK, so it's done!

It wasn't hard, just a 15mm socket, and some jack stands to keep the driveshaft from crashing into the ground.

I got the Mopar carrier bearing, Part# 6806 5263AA.

I marked where everything was before disassembling and had a driveshaft shop use their press to remove the old and press in the new, and thankfully it all lined up as I put it back together.

Prior to all this, I had been wondering why there was a shiny portion of the driveshaft exposed at the transfer case.

Scary to think that because the support bearing rubber was not holding the driveline in place, the only thing holding it in was where it connects to the rear differential!

Maybe traction bars wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I spoke to the guys at Carli about the carrier bearing drop spacers, and they said they don't typically use them on a 2.75" front level like I have.

I bought them anyway!

I'll put the truck through its paces without spacers, and if it still shudders I'll add a spacer at a time (probably no more than 2) until I'm happy.
    This is good info! One obvious thing too is chalk the wheels of the truck.

Once the driveshaft is loose it'll want to roll!

Don't ask why I am mentioning this! LOL

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Taistee liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12