I'll give y'all a little bit of background first. I've been tuning engines for 8 years as a hobby, grew up on a farm wrenching on gas/diesel tractors and equipment for close to 22 years, went to an engineering university for 3 years, and worked for Delphi automotive systems in engineering (specifically exhaust sensors development i.e. O2 and pm [soot] sensors) for 1.5 years (couldn't hack the cubicle life.)

A year ago I purchased an 09 2500 all stock. The fuel mileage (coming from a self-tuned 12 valve that got 28-32) was extremely poor in my eyes. I deleted with the raceme ultra and saw gains, but not enough to convince me that I should just let it be. Last week I bought the key to warp tuning.

Over this past weekend, I spent 10 hours tuning (rough tuning with my pre-made excel sheets, they are my bread and butter that model the engine combustion process fairly well.) I achieved 28.9 hand calculated from this rough tune and will probably be starting the fine tuning process this coming weekend. My end goal is 30-35, with pipe dreams between 35-50. I will NOT stop till I get to the absolute BEST efficiency possible.

Currently, I'm looking at building a program that will take the signal from the crank sensor and a pressure transducer and correlate them to "see" the combustion process inside the engine, if I can find a way to put a transducer on the head that will not compromise integrity.

I also tuned for mo powa!!!!! LOL

Didn't mean to be finger tap happy, but wanted to include as much detail as possible. I will be finishing my pickup and then doing a friends 03 soon.

The fun never ends!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk