Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine oil

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Engine oil

So I'm debating if I should stick with synthetic 15w40 or go with synthetic 5w40. I do live somewhat close to Chicago. It has gotten below zero at times during the winter. What's everyone's opinion on this before I order my oil.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Engine oil

Age old question ... yet very a important one.

I vote for 5w-40 full synthetic. Actually its all I ever use since my truck needed the 1st oil change ... and very very happy with it.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Engine oil

I use Delo and replace one quart of oil with one of gear oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk