Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: thinking about swapping out fog lights

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

thinking about swapping out fog lights

I was wondering if anyone has tried this mounting option to go LED on fog lights yet? http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46510

2. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: thinking about swapping out fog lights

That looks pretty cool, easy way to put these lights in.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That looks pretty cool, looks like an easy way to put these lights in.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The look really good. The only complaints I have read was that unless you get the DOT certified on road cubes you can't​ run them at night around traffic without getting hasseled. I ran Morimoto LED replacement bulbs in the factory housings with good success and recently changed them for the new Morimoto LED projectors.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes Noneck, arnoldsq liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    The look really good. The only complaints I have read was that unless you get the DOT certified on road cubes you can't​ run them at night around traffic without getting hasseled. I ran Morimoto LED replacement bulbs in the factory housings with good success and recently changed them for the new Morimoto LED projectors.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    I was considering the rigid dot approved and a spot for off road use on each side for that exact reason. The spot not on the same circuit of course. I ended up running the 20" light bar when no one was around Friday night and was glad for it when I came up on a group of deer in the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I live in the country and just swapped out the original driving lights with LED and haven't looked back. Over Amazon their cheaper, and easy to install.
    These that you indicated are nice, but why complicate anything that can be kept simple ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I live in the country and just swapped out the original driving lights with LED and haven't looked back. Over Amazon their cheaper, and easy to install.
    These that you indicated are nice, but why complicate anything that can be kept simple ?
    Story of my life. The engineer side of me comes out I I end up doing it the hard way. The reason I was looking at rigid is their systems are almost impossible to break. Can't say i need em but if I am doing a project I only want to do it once.

As for why go led is I can already see the color difference from new to 2 years old on the factory ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #8
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Got factory nothing when it comes to lights. Front and back are LED and never looked back. Could have got the brighter colors, but the pure white are making me happy.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan