Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tire question? Need some help before I drop a grand. Very soon

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Tire question? Need some help before I drop a grand. Very soon

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I have a newer set of transforces and I am so unimpressed by them its not funny. They arent like the old transforce tires on my dually
    Last time I ran them was about 4 years ago on my F250 before lifting it. They were good then at least

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

I bought the Cooper 255/80r17 st-maxx for my last set. They are 32" tall sitting on the ground and 9" wide. I set my speedo with the race ultra. They have been ok, but at 35k they are down to 8/32 already and am looking for a new set of something different now to go taller. Were OK while they lasted. Used to run 33x9.5-16.5 back in the day for MPG and put the meats on for weekend pulling track.

2011 Big Horn CCSB. 3.73 gears, 68RFE, 255/80/17 Cooper SSTMaxx, 4" flo pro out the back, Race Me Ultra from Doublerdiesel, Full delete on top

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I have a newer set of transforces and I am so unimpressed by them its not funny. They arent like the old transforce tires on my dually
    There is a difference between the OEM and after market tire Al. The internal construction may be the same, designating the model tire, but the compound is harder. That's where you're problem is. I'm sure there are some guys that remember the OEM Michelins. They were just plain dangerous. I took the Michelins off my 08 before I got took delivery on the truck. The OEM Goodrich aren't much better

You stopping by here?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

I was hoping I would get some more input on this. Spent hours trying to find what I wanted, then hours checking out the reputation of the tire.

So this is what I am going to do. I am ordering 4 of these https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-a-t-g015 285/70/17 LT Range E we're going to try one on the front. If it fits well enough, then I am going for all 4. If not, then I am just going to do the rears. The neat thing is they are right between the height of the 75 and the 70 series. After measuring the room available, they will be tight, and I may have some rubbing on tight turns with body lean. But I don't drive like a wild man. The wheels have to be really hard over to rub. But that's parking lot stuff.

I can't tell you what I am paying for these. A guy I went to engineering school with owns the place. We've been trading favors back and forth for years.

No Alex. You don't know me if you go there. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I was hoping I would get some more input on this. Spent hours trying to find what I wanted, then hours checking out the reputation of the tire.

So this is what I am going to do. I am ordering 4 of these https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-a-t-g015 285/70/17 LT Range E we're going to try one on the front. If it fits well enough, then I am going for all 4. If not, then I am just going to do the rears. The neat thing is they are right between the height of the 75 and the 70 series. After measuring the room available, they will be tight, and I may have some rubbing on tight turns with body lean. But I don't drive like a wild man. The wheels have to be really hard over to rub. But that's parking lot stuff.

I can't tell you what I am paying for these. A guy I went to engineering school with owns the place. We've been trading favors back and forth for years.

No Alex. You don't know me if you go there. LOL
    They look like a good tire. I will need tires this fall so looking for you ongoing review updates after you get them installed.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Never used their A/T but they make a good tire. Used a couple other types over the years

8. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    They look like a good tire. I will need tires this fall so looking for you ongoing review updates after you get them installed.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Sure Greg. I never heard of them before. I always leaned towards the Transforce, and General Grabbers. I have a few trips to take soon, these are installed in time for the first one. So many to chose from. There's even a brand from China. Too cheap for me to put my butt on.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Well here they are. If you look at the close up you'll see what I was talking about with the space. I know it was hard for many to envision.

DSCN0375.JPGDSCN0376.jpg

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Well here they are. If you look at the close up you'll see what I was talking about with the space. I know it was hard for many to envision.

DSCN0375.JPGDSCN0376.jpg
    They look good!! Much better looking than the stock donuts.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    They look good!! Much better looking than the stock donuts.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk
    Yeah..They do fill in the openings quite a bit don't they?

Heh Other than to take the picture, I hadn't stood back and looked at it.

65 @ 1600. I have to try to get somewhere I can get up to 75 now. It's allot better. Now it doesn't sound like it needs another gear.

14. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast