1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

we did a torque tech tuner one a truck they are about the same price

2. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sigiii66 View Post
    This may be a little off topic but its dealing with the DPF and mpg which you guys are talking about...I just bought an H&S XRT pro...will only doing the DPF delete through the tuner throw off the MPG readout on the instrument panel ?
    Do NOT just run DPF delete on tuner without deleting the DPF and egr itself. It will plug and cause all sorts of havoc!!! But like mentioned anything and everything throws the lieometer off. I doubt it's that accurate bone stock anyway

4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet54 View Post
    Hey guys I have 2012 Ram and have removed the DPF and NOX. The downpipe is still in place and is to be delete here real soon. Any way enough about that. I reinstalled the O2 sensors with bungs and installed sims in the loose wire connections. I am receiving codes but don't think they are critical. If they are please pipe in and lets discuss. The code is P244A something to do about pressure being incorrect.

I would like to be of help to anyone and would like to get any feed back on my issues.

I want to add a tuner but to my understanding the tuners now do not delete the codes. Is there any out there that are not $$$$$$$$$ overly expensive?
    You can play with the foolers resistance of you understand electronics and get it code free that way, for a while at least. Otherwise, yup gotta get a programmer. What's expensive? My expensive and your expensive might be only $100 apart or a couple thousand... Besides that point look at what you get for your money. If it doesn't act like an electronic set of gauges as well, how much are gauges gonna add onto the price? Will it tune the tranny too? Or will you have to send off and pay some more? (Granted h&s charges I think $200 for trans unlock) so factor all that in along with goal for the truck then figure out which one is the better buy for you

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Don't forget about Torque Technologies too they have the trams tuning now too

6. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K-Sons View Post
    Don't forget about Torque Technologies too they have the trams tuning now too
    That why H&S is in the brackets. Idk how much, or if they charge for trans tuning... Or what all they really offer. I'll have to do some digging into them one of these days.

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet54 View Post
    Hey guys I have 2012 Ram and have removed the DPF and NOX. The downpipe is still in place and is to be delete here real soon. Any way enough about that. I reinstalled the O2 sensors with bungs and installed sims in the loose wire connections. I am receiving codes but don't think they are critical. If they are please pipe in and lets discuss. The code is P244A something to do about pressure being incorrect.

I would like to be of help to anyone and would like to get any feed back on my issues.

I want to add a tuner but to my understanding the tuners now do not delete the codes. Is there any out there that are not $$$$$$$$$ overly expensive?
    Are you getting a CEL or just codes displayed with a code reader? I deleted initially with SIMS and had a few codes but never lit the CEL.

BTW... I picked up a ScanGauge II for $75 that I used for a gauge display and code clearing before getting a tuner. It works on gas and diesel vehicle and does not Vin lock. Not bad for the price.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Top Of Page | #17
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

You can delete the codes all you want. Your still going to cause damage if you don't run a tuner or sims.

10. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Dawgs Performance View Post
    You can delete the codes all you want. Your still going to cause damage if you don't run a tuner or sims.
    Curious what will be damaged by not running a tuner or sims. Just want to learn what I may have wrecked already! LOL

I ran sims on my 08 6.7 with just a delete pipe for a few miles...then got a dedicated tuner and deleted the EGR...then went wild with mods. Crazy that my pickup made more hp than my semi.

11. Top Of Page | #19
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Without a DPF your truck should go into limp mode.

12. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I made a sim for the pressure sensor (as well as the EGT sims) and it ran code free.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast