Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 6.7 exhaust

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2012 6.7 exhaust

Well I still have a stock exhaust on my 6.7 and since it's still new I figured why not take the back muffler and side pipe off? Maybe it'll be louder? Nope, I was wrong it didn't sound any louder, but it did improve my gas mileage by about 8 miles to the gallon.

Next is it looks like it has two resonators or huge back cats with piping coming out of them going to a sensor, what the heck is this? Does anyone know? I'll post pictures of what I'm talking about in a few.

486838_10151580266578502_1915373246_n.jpg481005_10151580265923502_1269002227_n.jpg418046_10151580265353502_1889947088_n.jpg71759_10151580264423502_383510252_n.jpg

Last edited by Jodiwon; 12-24-2012 at 04:28 PM.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

2012 6.7 exhaust

There's special delete kits you have to buy to delete these on the 6.7's or it can cause big problems. I'm pretty sure what I just said was correct. Someone more knowledgable with 6.7's will surely let you know soon

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Since I was one of the delete pioneers back in 2007, let me get you educated.

You basically have 3 Cats in there. One is a regular cat, located right behind the turbo. The next one is a large round chamber, flanged to a similar larger one. The front one is the NOX Cat. That's there to burn off NOX gasses. The larger one is the DPF (Diesel Partical Filter). That's the sucker that does the regeration and eats fuel. It cranks up to 1200 degrees periodically to clean itself out.

Those three cats are the reason it doesn't sound any better. 8 MPG? I doubt it I had all I could do to get 25 out of my truck and it took a few years. Just in time to sell it! I'm glad I have a 03 now.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

you will have to hand figger out your milage any changes you do will mess up the lieometer and give you a false reading

5. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K-Sons View Post
    you will have to hand figger out your milage any changes you do will mess up the lieometer and give you a false reading
    I forgot to say that. Thanks

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 6.7 exhaust

This may be a little off topic but its dealing with the DPF and mpg which you guys are talking about...I just bought an H&S XRT pro...will only doing the DPF delete through the tuner throw off the MPG readout on the instrument panel ?

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Hey guys I have 2012 Ram and have removed the DPF and NOX. The downpipe is still in place and is to be delete here real soon. Any way enough about that. I reinstalled the O2 sensors with bungs and installed sims in the loose wire connections. I am receiving codes but don't think they are critical. If they are please pipe in and lets discuss. The code is P244A something to do about pressure being incorrect.

I would like to be of help to anyone and would like to get any feed back on my issues.

I want to add a tuner but to my understanding the tuners now do not delete the codes. Is there any out there that are not $$$$$$$$$ overly expensive?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sigiii66 View Post
    This may be a little off topic but its dealing with the DPF and mpg which you guys are talking about...I just bought an H&S XRT pro...will only doing the DPF delete through the tuner throw off the MPG readout on the instrument panel ?
    yes it will
    just about any change to the truck will do that

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

pm sent
    hoping one of the 6.7 guy will chime in here

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet54 View Post
    Hey guys I have 2012 Ram and have removed the DPF and NOX. The downpipe is still in place and is to be delete here real soon. Any way enough about that. I reinstalled the O2 sensors with bungs and installed sims in the loose wire connections. I am receiving codes but don't think they are critical. If they are please pipe in and lets discuss. The code is P244A something to do about pressure being incorrect.

I would like to be of help to anyone and would like to get any feed back on my issues.

I want to add a tuner but to my understanding the tuners now do not delete the codes. Is there any out there that are not $$$$$$$$$ overly expensive?
    I have been reading a lot on this and I'm in the middle of a full delete myself. The only way to delete and not get codes is with with one of the H&S "Race Tuners" or the "RaceME" tuner and since the EPA crack down on these devices, the prices have tripled. I went with a RaceMe and it was $950.00 Canadian.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast