Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inter cooler upgrade?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Inter cooler upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Cool Glad I'm not the only one with theory. I never used it anyway. My competition had a party when I left and went on my own. LOL The art of engineering needs allot of common sense. Us gearheads are usually the best.
    I could not agree with you more about engineering needing more common sense!!! I work in a refinery and the things that they come up with are insane! Zero common sense! We have no older, experienced engineers anymore, just right out of school know-it-alls!! So frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Cummins7 thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, JT_410BERRY liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I could not agree with you more about engineering needing more common sense!!! I work in a refinery and the things that they come up with are insane! Zero common sense! We have no older, experienced engineers anymore, just right out of school know-it-alls!! So frustrating!

Tell me about it, you can really see that in the aviation industry.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    Tell me about it, you can really see that in the aviation industry.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    They're among us.

It wasn't really any different 25 years ago. That was when they started with out with the old.

I had an engineer and 2 techs working for me that were gear heads. Those guys were the best! Most of us gear heads have common sense.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks Cummins7, theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins7, theaaronbush, JT_410BERRY liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

They're among us.

It wasn't really any different 25 years ago. That was when they started with out with the old.

I had an engineer and 2 techs working for me that were gear heads. Those guys were the best! Most of us gear heads have common sense.
    I've told several people at work that the best ones to get are ones that understand automotive! Most of them probably couldn't tell you where the valve stem is!

8. Likes JT_410BERRY liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I've told several people at work that the best ones to get are ones that understand automotive! Most of them probably couldn't tell you where the valve stem is!

That's a gear head

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes JT_410BERRY liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

That's a very true statement! Unfortunately, when I pursued my degree there were a lot of Engineers that were heavily "book smart" and severely lacked "common sense." For example they couldn't check their own tire pressure. But I do know Engineers that have some form of a mechanic (or hands-on) background or something similar with common sense which makes them a valuable asset! Let's just say I'm proud to be an Engineer that grew up in the country side of Alabama working on a farm with other farmers and other heavy equipment and having the influence of other gear heads (which is basically my entire family and friends LOL) .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

12. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Inter cooler upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by JT_410BERRY View Post
    That's a very true statement! Unfortunately, when I pursued my degree there were a lot of Engineers that were heavily "book smart" and severely lacked "common sense." For example they couldn't check their own tire pressure. But I do know Engineers that have some form of a mechanic (or hands-on) background or something similar with common sense which makes them a valuable asset! Let's just say I'm proud to be an Engineer that grew up in the country side of Alabama working on a farm with other farmers and other heavy equipment and having the influence of other gear heads (which is basically my entire family and friends LOL) .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I've talked to some of our mechanical engineers that are rotating equipment "SMEs" and when comparing one of our 13,000hp Steam driven, 6 cylinder hydrogen compressors, which is laid out like a flat-6, to an automotive engine, they act clueless! We need guys like you out there that have put gloves on and actually got them dirty!

14. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, JT_410BERRY liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Guys. I've been in the race for a long time.

Hi EGT's are from running the wrong tune or loading down the engine too much. If you are going to tow allot, take those Damn 35's off. High EGT's come from a fat tune or lugging. Going too slow in too high a gear is lugging. I used to cruise with my 08 and 15K and hold 700*. I was doing 4% grades at 1100*. That was with the 68 locked up. I don't know what the mods are, but I know.

Changing the intercooler isn't going to do anything. Been there, Done that.

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Thanks I'll check them out

17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Thanks for all th reply's, I should have asked this beforehand but what's the threshold On upper EGT? at what point do you need to get out of the throttle?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast