Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Aisen with a tuner...

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aisen with a tuner...

Howdy,
    I am very near to tuning my 2016 3500 DRW Megacab 4x4 with an Aisen transmission. I am leaning strongly towards Double R Diesel Ray's emission tune. I am curious about how these non-tunable Aisen transmissions are acting in the real world with tunes up to the 100-120 level. I understand that after that level, they can get a bit confused and overwhelmed as they cannot be adjusted electronically (yet) to handle the added torque. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Randy / PAINTHOUSE

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aisen with a tuner...

I know there's guys here that are tuned with Aisin. Wish I could remember who and tag them. But what you're saying is pretty much what I remember them saying. It a fairly strong and happy trans up to around 100 hp of tuning is what I remember reading the most.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks PAINTHOUSE thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Agreed with @RATLIN'HP I have heard the same as well.

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks PAINTHOUSE thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I can't really speak for turning it up too high but I have been totally pleased with my Aisin that has been hanging onto a tuned Cummins since driving off the lot. I tow around 20k with the truck. I went straight into Ray's tunes and it has been a pleasure. I mostly run Ray's 30 hp tune, but his 60 hp tune seems to be the overall sweet spot for my Aisin. The truck hits 17.8 mpg running 75 mph empty, and anywhere around 10-12 towing. Can't beat it.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

8. Thanks PAINTHOUSE thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm running Rays tunes on my 16 and run on the 120hp tune daily and absolutely love it. I had some weird flare shifts into 4th in the beginning but it seems to have just been the learn process. Haven't had any troubles with it since. I'm too hesitant to turn it up any higher without head studs. It drives like a whole new truck now.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Andrew67, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The other forum kind of had me scared on the Aisin. I notice it seems to like the higher HP tune when I am towing, but I keep it on the 30 just for peace of mind. I wonder if it really does adaptively learn the power because I have just the flare you mentioned about when switching levels either way. It settles in real fast in my case. That is definitely something I would recommend that I have found, it doesn't like switching power levels. Find your tune and run it and it doesn't miss a beat.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

My understanding is that with the MM3 when you switch RT files your transmission doesn't go through a relearn. Only when you re-flash the ecm does it go through one, but I think it's always adapting to your driving habits? The other forum scared me about my Aisin as well, thought I'd made a mistake buying it but I love it now. Fingers crossed it holds up and maybe look at revmax's upgrade kit somewhere down the line here before I add more power.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post