Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: couple of general questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

couple of general questions

received_10158741462545179.jpg
    So I have a 2010 6.7.... Was doing some reading and seems you can delete the egr without using a programmer (did i read that right?) truck already has DPF delete done and 6'' lift currently running 37x13.50x22, wanting to put 37x13.50x17 (factory wheels) will they rub anywhere like nuckles? Not worried about rubbing the body like pinch weld.... Thanks in advance.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: couple of general questions

With the stock wheels you will have zero offset. Just with 35s I rubbed the body and my control arms. Even when I put radius arms on from carli I had some rubbing on them as well with light backspacing. You can use stock wheels and use wheel spacers. Just make sure they are hubcentric. Don't go cheap on wheel spacers either. The cheaper ones aren't made as good and that's when you hear of the stories of them breaking.
    Message us if you need some more help!!!!

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Burd thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    With the stock wheels you will have zero offset. Just with 35s I rubbed the body and my control arms. Even when I put radius arms on from carli I had some rubbing on them as well with light backspacing. You can use stock wheels and use wheel spacers. Just make sure they are hubcentric. Don't go cheap on wheel spacers either. The cheaper ones aren't made as good and that's when you hear of the stories of them breaking.
    Message us if you need some more help!!!!

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)
    So I have a 2012 2500 with the Icon leaving kit and air bags in the rear for towing. I bought new tires a week ago (nitto ridge grapplers 35/12.5x17) and I'm using stock rims. I'm rubbing only on the passenger side trail arm and I'm trying to figure out why.. if you look straight at the truck from the front it's obvious that the driver side wheel sticks out further then the passenger side that rubs. Will an alignment fix this problem? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes sir perfectly normal. Mine did the same thing with my carli kit.

Do you have an adjustable track bar? If so you can adjust it a little bit more and it will help but sometimes they will never be totally perfect. Mine was never perfect and it was perfectly fine. A lot of folks don't even notice it happens but once you do, it will annoy you haha.

If you go with a track bar, i recommend a thuren or carli.

If you haven't already gotten an alignment i would get one with the new tire and wheel set up so that it will be adjusted for those.

Quote Originally Posted by VTA_slug View Post
    So I have a 2012 2500 with the Icon leaving kit and air bags in the rear for towing. I bought new tires a week ago (nitto ridge grapplers 35/12.5x17) and I'm using stock rims. I'm rubbing only on the passenger side trail arm and I'm trying to figure out why.. if you look straight at the truck from the front it's obvious that the driver side wheel sticks out further then the passenger side that rubs. Will an alignment fix this problem? Thanks.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks VTA_slug thanked for this post
    Likes VTA_slug liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Yes sir perfectly normal. Mine did the same thing with my carli kit.

Do you have an adjustable track bar? If so you can adjust it a little bit more and it will help but sometimes they will never be totally perfect. Mine was never perfect and it was perfectly fine. A lot of folks don't even notice it happens but once you do, it will annoy you haha.

If you go with a track bar, i recommend a thuren or carli.

If you haven't already gotten an alignment i would get one with the new tire and wheel set up so that it will be adjusted for those.
    I believe it does have an adjustable track bar but I'll double check. If not, then I'll purchase one and have it realigned. But first I'll take my truck in and have it aligned. Thanks fire the info?

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes sir of course! Keep me updated my friend.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Thanks VTA_slug thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VTA_slug View Post

The steering rods need to be adjusted to the left slightly. A good alignment shop will know what to do. It's all toe adjustments

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Thanks VTA_slug thanked for this post