Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: baddest trans?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

baddest trans?

quick question,

IF i were to buy a 1st gen Cummins truck, and wanted to update from the ole 3sp auto? that is being used up til 1993, what trans could I upgrade to (and possibly beef it up) that would give me more gears and capability, but stick with the original Cummins? I was thinking the 47 series... (oh.. and no "just put a manual in there and call it good" comments since my wife may be driving and she is not into nor has ever driven a manual)

My intention is to build a nice cruising truck and never be used for pulling/towing. I already have a work truck so now I want to build a truck (and teach one of my girls to turn a wrench or two)

what say you?

thanks.

Scot "Zee"

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: baddest trans?

Quote Originally Posted by 2rr2nv2014 View Post
    quick question,

IF i were to buy a 1st gen Cummins truck, and wanted to update from the ole 3sp auto? that is being used up til 1993, what trans could I upgrade to (and possibly beef it up) that would give me more gears and capability, but stick with the original Cummins? I was thinking the 47 series... (oh.. and no "just put a manual in there and call it good" comments since my wife may be driving and she is not into nor has ever driven a manual)

My intention is to build a nice cruising truck and never be used for pulling/towing. I already have a work truck so now I want to build a truck (and teach one of my girls to turn a wrench or two)

what say you?

thanks.

Scot "Zee"
    47RE most likely

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs