Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Holy Cow! KBS Coatings has added a whole bunch of new products.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Holy Cow! KBS Coatings has added a whole bunch of new products.

I have experience with this stuff. IT IS ONE TOUGH PAINT! This is no Rustoleum. I did the whole bottom of my truck with the rust seal. I took a peek under a week ago and it still shiney. but more importantly, there was absolutely no rust popping out anywhere. My truck sits on a salty street most of the time too. I need to get some on my front springs and suspension yet.

They just added a bunch of new products since I was there last. This blacktop sounds like a great product for those big steel custom bumpers too. When I did the underneath, it flowed out so nicely, it was reflecting items laying on my driveway. I have a thread about here somewhere.

Spring is coming. .. .

Check it out

https://www.kbs-coatings.com/BlackTop.html

I have been trying to get them to be sponsors

Here it is https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-stop-solution

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks walla2k5, Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Muskiebri liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Holy Cow! KBS Coatings has added a whole bunch of new products.

Here's another new item

Rotor restoration

https://www.kbs-coatings.com/Rotor-Restoration-Kit.html

You guys are going to have to poke around there. They must have added 20 new items over the winter

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, Muskiebri liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I have experience with this stuff. IT IS ONE TOUGH PAINT! This is no Rustoleum. I did the whole bottom of my truck with the rust seal. I took a peek under a week ago and it still shiney. but more importantly, there was absolutely no rust popping out anywhere. My truck sits on a salty street most of the time too. I need to get some on my front springs and suspension yet.

They just added a bunch of new products since I was there last. This blacktop sounds like a great product for those big steel custom bumpers too. When I did the underneath, it flowed out so nicely, it was reflecting items laying on my driveway. I have a thread about here somewhere.

Spring is coming. .. .

Check it out

https://www.kbs-coatings.com/BlackTop.html

I have been trying to get them to be sponsors

Here it is https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-stop-solution
    Thanks for the info bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I dropped 300 Bucks on these guys tonight. Mixed bag of products. More Rust Coat black, Quart of red Rust Coat for the snow blower, some red top coat for the blower, high gloss clear, High temperature exhaust manifold paint, and the chassis black. Did you know the Rust Coat comes in a bunch of colors?

What I have seen so far is all their stuff is high solids and very hard to make it run. It flows out to a very high finish

I just saw they have undercoatings and lots of cool stuff for the trucks.

7. Likes Power247, Muskiebri liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Sounds similar to POR15. I've used that in the past and had good results, maybe I'll give this a try.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Sounds similar to POR15. I've used that in the past and had good results, maybe I'll give this a try.
    I've used POR15 extensively in the past. This stuff is more cost effective and to me, much more durable.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks friend. Always good to hear of first hand experience with products.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Here some of this stuff at work

This is my snow blower that did a belly up in the middle of the last storm we had. It was a major storm too. Long story short, the thing was riddled with rust, it was trapped under the paint. The last picture is with the finish paint on the chute. It's hard to tell, but it's safety orange, and I used their red color of the rust seal. Darn stuff sticks to everything.

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0360.jpg

DSCN0356.JPG

13. Likes Cummins7 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I found out the Rust Coat is impervious to Acetone. Take that Rustoleum.

That and it sticks to everything. It cleans very easily with Lacquer Thinner when wet, but not at all when dried. Got some on my hands again. It will be there for 2 weeks again.

I think their Top Coat is resistant to the Acetone, but I didn't want to find out on my finished parts. I spilled some when prepping a piece, and it got all over everything. Corporal Tunnel bit my writs and I dropped the can.

15. Likes Power247 liked this post