Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple Questions After Returning To Stock

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Couple Questions After Returning To Stock

Hey guys,

Just put my truck back to stock yesterday (removed deleted pipes and uninstalled RaceMe). Everything is great but I do have two quick questions.

When I first started the truck I had about 7 codes, cleared them with the RaceMe, and they haven't come back since. Can I assume it's because I put the truck back to stock tune before reinstalling all the emissions stuff?

Secondly, when I was driving last night I was blowing alot of white smoke out the tailpipe. When I first deleted I flushed the DEF tank with distilled water and drained it as best I could so could it be from that. The smoke has since dissipated to almost nothing now.

Lastly, how long will it take for the emissions readiness monitors to be ready? There are a couple ready right not but am waiting on a few O2 ones and some others I can't remember.

Thanks for the help!

Actually enjoying the stock life!!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Couple Questions After Returning To Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins441 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just put my truck back to stock yesterday (removed deleted pipes and uninstalled RaceMe). Everything is great but I do have two quick questions.

When I first started the truck I had about 7 codes, cleared them with the RaceMe, and they haven't come back since. Can I assume it's because I put the truck back to stock tune before reinstalling all the emissions stuff?

Secondly, when I was driving last night I was blowing alot of white smoke out the tailpipe. When I first deleted I flushed the DEF tank with distilled water and drained it as best I could so could it be from that. The smoke has since dissipated to almost nothing now.

Lastly, how long will it take for the emissions readiness monitors to be ready? There are a couple ready right not but am waiting on a few O2 ones and some others I can't remember.

Thanks for the help!

Actually enjoying the stock life!!!
    Just curious as to why you went back to stock bud ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Sounds like someone is preparing for emissions testing. I am betting the white smoke was from the water left over from the DEF tank &lines. My '12 needs about 100 miles or so to have all of the emissions sensors to reset after returning to stock.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Sounds like someone is preparing for emissions testing. I am betting the white smoke was from the water left over from the DEF tank &lines. My '12 needs about 100 miles or so to have all of the emissions sensors to reset after returning to stock.

Greg
    I would definitely be moving if I lived in a state that had the stupid bs emissions crapola

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I would definitely be moving if I lived in a state that had the stupid bs emissions crapola
    I don't know I could go that far but thankfully we don't have smog testing here. I only pull my tuner if I need to take my truck in for warranty or recall work. It seems everytime I bring my truck in the dealership tech wants to flash it.

Greg

Greg

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Wow, I've been MIA for a couple days... Sorry about that.

I'm taking it in to get two recalls done and get some stuff fixed under warranty. Plus, I can't find anyone who will inspect the truck where I live.

Not too excited about being stock but it's whatever.

The only thing weird I've noticed so far is that it smokes white like crazy in the morning when cold. After that it totally stops.

Anyone know how to force the readiness monitors to be ready?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins441 View Post
    Wow, I've been MIA for a couple days... Sorry about that.

I'm taking it in to get two recalls done and get some stuff fixed under warranty. Plus, I can't find anyone who will inspect the truck where I live.

Not too excited about being stock but it's whatever.

The only thing weird I've noticed so far is that it smokes white like crazy in the morning when cold. After that it totally stops.

Anyone know how to force the readiness monitors to be ready?
    You can't force it, you just have to drive it. Do you have a CEL or anything?

Greg

Greg

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

No CELs or anything. It seems to run fine just the white smoke in the morning.

I'll probably go back to being deleted in a few months. It ran fine for 1.5 years like that. Never had one issue or concern. Plus Ray's ECM and trans tunes were great.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

May be nothing more than the ECM trying to figure everything out again with things back on the truck. Just like transmission and sensors for fuel and air it may learn and stop after time

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Ok, I'm not to into your newer trucks, but if nothing else, wouldn't Ray know what to expect with the removal of the RaceMe and all the ups and downs getting it back to original ? Might try an email and see if he could help with the info needed ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast