Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ultra at the shop

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Ultra at the shop

So I'm sitting at the dealership the 2nd week in a row now. Started up after walking out of the store and threw a P063d code today

Have been having issues the last month or so with voltage issues that I've posted questions about

Last week
    Alternator tested good
    PCM no faults
    ECM no faults
    Wiring no issues
    Sensors all appeared good

The code today was the first code for this issue so far

Waiting to see if it's an intermittent alternator issue or worse. Hopefully something as minor as bad connection even though they are tight on new batteries

This isn't the first problem with the Ultra since installing last year. Depending on the outcome of today's visit it may be removed from the truck

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ultra at the shop

Guess I don't really see this being an ultra issue, but ok. Clean battery post real good, make sure they are good and tight, check all connections and grounds. Gotta be something like that.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Guess I don't really see this being an ultra issue, but ok. Clean battery post real good, make sure they are good and tight, check all connections and grounds. Gotta be something like that.
    Batteries are brand new and already cleaned terminals with a post brush. They are tight

Can't seem to find any issues. Just have to monitor and hope for the best

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had voltage issues also before and after ultra. The ultra helped me find the issue that the dealer ship couldn't find five trips. Ended up being bad field wires running from alternator to ecm. I fixed it and no problems since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ya I understand that. I've been chasing this for weeks. Today was the first time a code was thrown. Drove over to see what they could find if anything

On their computer previously only codes were for my radio since it's not stock

Not finding anything truck related to cause it so far. Not saying the Ultra is the reason. Only that it's a possibility. When nothing else is found and I've tried all other options to think of that's all that's left right now